Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Vegetables
Pasta again for dinner tonight. This time its Genovese style with Pesto, Asparagus and Kipfler Potato. My daughter has a swim meet this weekend and she’s carbohydrate loading. Only joking. About the carb loading that is. If the truth be … Continue reading
There are some days where any one would be excused for thinking that I moonlight as a professional chauffeur. I spend hours from late afternoon to early evening ferrying girls from one after school activity to another. I am just … Continue reading
This is my go to dish when I am tired, stressed or have simply over-indulged, as was the case this weekend. Its fast and easy to whip up, and so delicious. Who would have thought that a humble bag of … Continue reading
How ironic! I wrote this post last night when the weather was warm and balmy. What a difference a day makes! Temperatures have dropped, there has been a steady drizzle of rain all morning. What’s more we are bracing for afternoon storms. … Continue reading
And today’s spring vegetable is… cauliflower! No we are not a vegetarian household; we’re just still working through all those gorgeous vegetables from my father’s garden. I imagine that this is how our predecessors used to eat. No take away, no pre packaged … Continue reading
Its spring and that means asparagus season is in full swing – in fact asparagus is one of the first vegetables ready to be harvested in spring. I can never get my head around the fact that such a delicious vegetable thrives … Continue reading
We returned from our visit to Canberra with a carload of fresh, seasonal vegetables courtesy of my father’s garden: asparagus, beetroot, celery, cauliflower, spring onions, spinach, silverbeet, rocket, lettuce, raddicchio, snow peas and parsley. Beautiful organic produce in copious quantities. My children adore my … Continue reading
A couple of times a week, I’ll serve up a vegetarian meal. My family adores pasta in any form, and this recipe is a firm, family favourite. Its light and delicious, and we love the way the zucchini takes on a rich, … Continue reading
I grew up eating coleslaw prepared this way. It’s refreshing and teams beautifully with rich food. If I’m serving slow roasted pork belly, coleslaw is always on the menu to cut through all that decadent lusciousness. I walked past trendy … Continue reading
I really do try to make an effort to eat produce that is ripe and in season; its bursting with flavour, good for you and doesn’t need too much fussing about in its preparation. Spring has well and truly arrived here in Sydney, … Continue reading