Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Dinner
What to cook for my teenage son on the eve of his departure of a school field trip to Japan? The perfect midweek dinner. Omurice (オムライス). Japanese omelette rice (omu-raisu). Popular in Japan, it is considered yōshoku (western food). A contemporary … Continue reading
Sunday night tray bake. Family food. After the sudden onset of chilly weather and a busy weekend of sport, sport and more sport it fits the bill perfectly. Warm and filling. Quick and easy to prepare. Another dish that looks after … Continue reading
Thai chicken curry. Our favourite takeaway. Its just as easy to make at home with a well stocked pantry. I make this so often my pantry staples include small cans of coconut cream, packets of Mae Ploy green curry paste, … Continue reading
Deliciously tender chicken encased in a crisp crumb with a satisfying crunch. This is a perennial favourite in our house. Another meal that has been handed down through the generations in my family. I adored schnitzel when I was young. … Continue reading
I think of Slow Roasted Beef Ribs and two words spring to mind. Rich and unctuous. This is a gorgeous dish. Meltingly rich, flavoursome beef perfumed with orange, cinnamon and star anise. And so easy to prepare. Sear the ribs … Continue reading
My family loves chicken soup. In all its many guises. Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Soup with Wontons, Tofu and Bok Choy, Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup, Chicken and Leek Soup, the list goes on and on. It’s fair to say … Continue reading
Its October and that means tender spring lamb is in season. At this time of year lamb shanks are readily available at the butcher, and they are sweeter, smaller and more delicious than at almost any other time of year. … Continue reading
Pasta with Bolognese. Possibly the most popular home cooked meal in Australia. For such a simple dish it comes in many guises from the good to the bad and the downright ugly. I’m no expert on Bolognese sauce but I … Continue reading
I was out and about yesterday, crisscrossing Sydney attending to jobs on my burgeoning to-do list. It was a productive and satisfying but exhausting day. In my travels I passed by Great North Road in Five Dock, a little slice … Continue reading
I stopped by the fishmonger this morning intending to buy some fresh flathead fillets for dinner and froze dead in my tracks. Flathead fillets were $52.99 a kilo! I was stunned. In my mind flathead, delicious as it is, certainly isn’t a delicacy and shouldn’t be … Continue reading