Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Beef
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Beef Broth, Stock or Brodo.
According my news feed New York City’s latest health trend is a steaming cup of bone broth. For the stylish and sophisticated, purchased from the hip and happening Brodo, a take-out window attached to Marco Canora’s popular Hearth restaurant. Simply … Continue reading
For a fleeting moment I was tempted to title this post ‘More Weekend Dude Food’, this recipe for Chinese Style Braised Beef Ribs torn from last Saturday’s Sydney Morning Herald by my very own resident dude. With my son home … Continue reading
This Sunday heralds the beginning of winter. Hard to fathom with our warm weather and blue sunny skies. It’s still t-shirt weather, our winter coats are hanging in the very back of our cupboards waiting for that elusive cold snap. … Continue reading
After almost a week of glorious winter days with temperatures over 20C the weather has turned. We have woken to a cold snap. Reminding us that Spring may be around the corner but we still have a little way to … Continue reading
Yesterday might have been a fast day but I was craving steak. Or more specifically, a juicy, full of flavour rump steak. Marinated, griddled whole, rested and sliced on the diagonal into ribbons. Mouthwateringly good. It is no coincidence that I just … Continue reading
With each passing fast day I find I am acquiring an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the calorie value of the food I like to eat. If the truth be known I find calorie counting incredibly tiresome and dreary. Unfortunately, it’s a … Continue reading
Our weekends are always busy during term time. With sport, sport and more sport. Which means my teenagers are always ravenously hungry and on the constant lookout for something to eat. Curry puffs hit the mark perfectly. A welcome, more … Continue reading
Firing up the barbie. I can’t think of anything more quintessentially Australian. A great, laid back Aussie summer tradition. I love a good steak on the barbie. Thick. Juicy. Tender. Perfectly charred. The easiest way to achieve this? The Tuscan … Continue reading
My how quickly the weather can change. Yesterday it was unseasonably warm and raining. Today temperatures dropped to -10 C and a snow storm set in. As luck would have it the Hooded Triple Chair opened just as we reached mid station … Continue reading
I think of Slow Roasted Beef Ribs and two words spring to mind. Rich and unctuous. This is a gorgeous dish. Meltingly rich, flavoursome beef perfumed with orange, cinnamon and star anise. And so easy to prepare. Sear the ribs … Continue reading