Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Intermittent Fasting
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. Surviving The Christmas Party Circuit On The 5-2 Fast Diet. Choose Drinks Wisely. Cranberry Vodka On Ice.
Tis the season to be jolly. This weekend well and truly marked the beginning of the Christmas party circuit. Filled with bonhomie and good cheer. More often than not over a glass of something deliciously sparkling. This year, with the … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 400 Calories. Spicy Chinese Style Roasted Green Beans With Stir Fried Pork.
Inspired by a glorious platter of Szechuan green beans recently enjoyed at a favourite Chinese restaurant, this meal idea is incredibly tasty and highly addictive. Traditionally the beans are deep fried in hot oil until blistered, then stir fried with … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Japanese Inspired Noodle Bowl. Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup With Broccolini and Spinach
There is something about the colder weather that makes me want to comfort eat. On the menu for my latest recent fast day a Japanese inspired Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup. Nourishing. Filling. Warming. Unfortunately my fast day resolve was … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Hearty Winter Meal. Pot Roasted Pork Scotch Fillet with Onions and Sweet Potato.
Due to the Queen’s Birthday long weekend and a diary full of commitments, this week I have had to complete both my fast days in close proximity with a single feast day in between. I don’t know if it was … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Ancient Grains. Farro Pilaf with Swiss Brown Mushrooms, Silverbeet and Broccolini
After a long weekend of unfettered overindulgence the focus of my my next fast day was on wholesome, nourishing and restorative eating. Recently there seems to have been a resurgence in interest in cooking with ancient grains. Widely acknowledged to … Continue reading
The easiest fast days are the busiest. Sometimes there is not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen calorie counting to whip up a suitable meal. Here is my idea of a simple, nutritious fast day quick meal. … Continue reading
This weekend I was lucky enough to receive a carton of freshly laid farm eggs. Courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks. Other than the ultimate treat of poached eggs, these were a welcome addition to one of my favourite dishes. Stracciatella. … Continue reading
With each passing fast day I find I am acquiring an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the calorie value of the food I like to eat. If the truth be known I find calorie counting incredibly tiresome and dreary. Unfortunately, it’s a … Continue reading
One of my favourite meals when the weather turns cold is soup. Warm, nourishing, stick to your ribs comfort food. Top of the list? Pea and ham soup. Everyone else must have had the same idea today. I ventured out … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Something Warming. Oven Roasted Capsicums With A Spicy Cherry Tomato, Chickpea And Couscous Stuffing.
Today was unrelentlessly cold, wet and rainy. The perfect excuse for a skim milk cappuccino to brighten an otherwise dreary day. I know I have supposedly sworn off cappuccinos on fast days but this cup was planned for and incorporated … Continue reading