Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's All About The Crackling - Slow Roasted Pork Belly Scented with Fennel
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Category Archives: What I Love to Drink
I’m definitely a late comer to the masala chai tea party. My first taste was frankly quite off putting – a very bland and thin offering concocted with a barely waved chai tea bag introduced into a pot of hot … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Strawberry Chia Agua Fresca.
This past week has been almost unbearably hot and humid, and the next seems to promise little relief. To beat the heat, I’m turning to Mexico for inspiration, quenching my thirst with aguas frescas. These ingenious “fresh water” infusions combine still … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cooling Mango Buttermilk Lassi.
If today’s sweltering 45 degrees celsius is anything to go by, it looks like we’re in for a long, hot summer. After a day spent languishing in the heat, this post is short, to the point and sweet. The ideal … Continue reading
Happy Halloween. Spooky Bubble Tea. Frog Spawn With Beetlejuice. Lemon Infused Tapioca Pearls With Cranberry Tea.
Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. Here is a whimsical spooky take on bubble tea just in time for Halloween. Frog Spawn with Beetlejuice aka Lemon Infused Tapioca Pearls With Cranberry Tea. Blame my girls who have developed quite the obsession … Continue reading
This post is unashamedly inspired by reruns of Heston’s 80’s Feasts on late night lifestyle TV. Proof that food blog posts can sometimes be entirely frivolous and light-hearted. Not to be taken too seriously. I watched with utter amusement as … Continue reading
What to drink when temperatures soar? Something sweet and refreshing and incredibly easy to prepare. This time last year with juicy watermelons and lush strawberries in plentiful supply at the markets I made Watermelon, Mint and Lime Paletas and Granita. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. A Crisp Green Salad With Fennel, Pistachio and Blood Orange.
Early Spring and I’m craving salad again. This simple salad pairs crisp garden fresh salad leaves with the last of the winter season’s fennel, blood oranges and pistachio nuts. So very easy to throw together. At just 189 calories per … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Lemon, Mint and Cucumber Infusion With Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the keys to surviving a fast day is to remain well hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is important to keep your system flushed, and any gnawing hunger pangs or headaches at bay. Since embarking on the 5-2 diet I … Continue reading
In our house Easter celebrations are unashamedly associated with feasting. Chocolate truffles and brightly wrapped foiled Easter eggs for breakfast, followed by a long, leisurely lunch. It’s no wonder overindulgence is the order of the day. An inescapable given. This year it … Continue reading
The Summer Edition. The Nostalgia Of The Soda Syphon. Home-made Strawberry Cordial With Lemon and Lime.
Our family enjoyed a very fizzy Christmas this year courtesy of a fire engine red SodaStream. Ostensibly purchased as a Secret Santa gift for my husband, it has well and truly captured the imagination of my delighted teenagers. A very … Continue reading