Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's All About The Crackling - Slow Roasted Pork Belly Scented with Fennel
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Lime
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Charred Watermelon With Chilli, Lime, Mint and Feta.
I can’t quite recall where I first encountered the idea of charred watermelon. It does sound incongruous and strange; the searing of a cool and refreshing summer fruit on a hot barbecue or grill, but it’s a juxtaposition of hot … Continue reading
We may well and truly be in the midst of Autumn here in Sydney, but the weather is still hot and humid as we languish through a seemingly endless Indian summer. In our busy household, lazy unscheduled Sundays are a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Larb Gai. Thai Chicken Salad.
Another 5-2 fast day, another salad. This time Larb Gai, an incredibly refreshing sweet, spicy, hot and sour Thai chicken salad. I love this dish not only for its big, bold, flavours but also for it’s lazy preparation. After just … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Strawberry Chia Agua Fresca.
This past week has been almost unbearably hot and humid, and the next seems to promise little relief. To beat the heat, I’m turning to Mexico for inspiration, quenching my thirst with aguas frescas. These ingenious “fresh water” infusions combine still … Continue reading
Summertime and the livin’ is easy. Never more so than at dinner time when we fire up the barbecue and dine al fresco on the back deck. My idea of holiday cooking is to marinade chicken, beef, lamb, seafood or … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Som Tam. Thai Green Papaya Salad.
Last week I was lucky enough to visit the Paddington Community Garden. Tucked away behind Trumper Park and The Palms Tennis Centre, it’s a thriving oasis of individual and communal plots producing an enviable array of organic fruits, vegetables and … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I bookmarked an intriguing article from the Good Food lift out of The Sydney Morning Herald titled Simple Sous Vide For The Home, Minus The Fancy Equipment. Sous vide has taken the culinary world by … Continue reading
Fish On Fridays. Spicy Thai Style Fish Cakes. Served With Nam Jim Dipping Sauce And A Cucumber And Bean Sprout Salad
The first Friday of Lent. The perfect excuse to post a fish recipe. Growing up in a Catholic household my mother made sure we always observed the no meat on Friday rule, taking the opportunity to serve up fish for … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Watermelon And Feta Salad With Mint, Parsley, Pistachio and Lime.
This vibrant and good looking salad uses the unusual but absolutely delicious combination of of creamy salty feta cheese and fresh juicy watermelon. An explosion of flavour bursts punctuated by peppery rocket, refreshing mint and tangy lime. Pretty as a picture, … Continue reading
A short and sweet Valentine’s Day post with a very simple dessert. I was introduced to this decadent Salted Dark Chocolate and Lime Mousse at drinks one balmy Friday night. Of course I had to have the recipe. At first … Continue reading