Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Pasta with Confit of Zucchini, Peas, Garlic, Chilli, Spinach and Pecorino
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Category Archives: Marinades
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Warm “Cauliflower Couscous” With Grilled Chermoula Spiced Chicken, Roast Pumpkin And Capsicum.
Today’s 5-2 fast day offering is all about generosity as I attempt to chase away the mid winter blues with a vibrant yet hearty plate of food. Fasting through the depths of winter is no mean feat. So many opportunities … Continue reading
Posted in Chicken, Marinades, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5:2 Diet, Capsicum, Cauliflower Couscous, Chermoula, Chicken, Fast Diet, Gluten free, Healthy, Herbs, Winter 4 Comments
Lazy Summer Entertaining. Barbecued Flattened Chicken With A Lime And Coconut Pilaf.
Summertime and the livin’ is easy. Never more so than at dinner time when we fire up the barbecue and dine al fresco on the back deck. My idea of holiday cooking is to marinade chicken, beef, lamb, seafood or … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Poultry, Rice, What I Love to Cook Tagged BBQ, Chicken, Chilli, Coconut, Food, Garlic, Ginger, Gluten free, Herbs, Lime, Pilaf, Summer 3 Comments
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Watermelon And Grilled Haloumi Salad With Chimichurri Dressing.
With winter well and truly over, new season produce is hitting our farmer’s market stalls. After a long hiatus watermelons from Far North Queensland are making a very welcome reappearance. The secret to choosing the sweetest and juiciest melons? Tap … Continue reading
Posted in Cheese, Fruit, Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Salads, Vegetarian Tagged 5:2 Diet, Chimichurri, Dressing, Fast Diet, Gluten free, Haloumi, Healthy, Summer, Watermelon 2 Comments
For The Weekend. Finger Licking Good. Oven Fried Buttermilk Chicken Drumsticks.
The title of this post should really read a guaranteed sure fire way to win undying favour and gratitude from a horde of hungry teenagers. It should come as no surprise that the way to their heart is through their … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Poultry Tagged Buttermilk, Cayenne, Chicken, Garlic, Oven Fried Chicken, Paprika 3 Comments
Celebrating Father’s Day With A New Pantry Staple. Sweet And Spicy Beetroot Relish.
You may recall that last week I muddled my dates and prepared a Rustic Farmhouse Terrine for a Father’s Day lunchtime charcuterie plate a whole week early. The success of that terrine was undisputed. It was enjoyed with great gusto … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Vegetables, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Beetroot, Chilli, Ginger, Gluten free, Pantry staple, Relish, Spicy, Vinegar Comments Off on Celebrating Father’s Day With A New Pantry Staple. Sweet And Spicy Beetroot Relish.
The 5-2 Challenge. A Little Bit of Luxury. Slow Baked Salmon with Preserved Lemon Chermoula and Soft Herbs.
Vibrant. Succulent. Deeply infused with the taste and flavour of Morocco. Slow oven baked salmon. Crusted with a preserved lemon chermoula and soft herbs. A little bit of luxury on a 5-2 fast day. Another recipe that effortlessly ticks all … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Seafood, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Chermoula, Fasting Diet, Gluten free, Herbs, Lemon, Moroccan, Salmon 8 Comments