Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Buttermilk
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cooling Mango Buttermilk Lassi.
If today’s sweltering 45 degrees celsius is anything to go by, it looks like we’re in for a long, hot summer. After a day spent languishing in the heat, this post is short, to the point and sweet. The ideal … Continue reading
Posted in Breakfast, Fruit, What I Love to Cook, What I Love to Drink Tagged 5:2 Diet, Buttermilk, Fasting Diet, Food, Gluten free, Healthy, Lassi, Mango, Smoothie, Summer 3 Comments
For The Weekend. Finger Licking Good. Oven Fried Buttermilk Chicken Drumsticks.
The title of this post should really read a guaranteed sure fire way to win undying favour and gratitude from a horde of hungry teenagers. It should come as no surprise that the way to their heart is through their … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Poultry Tagged Buttermilk, Cayenne, Chicken, Garlic, Oven Fried Chicken, Paprika 3 Comments
Sunday Baking. Inspired By… My Favourite Pastime. Strawberry and Rhubarb Brunch Muffins.
Rhubarb and strawberry. One of my favourite flavour combinations. In season right now. I’ve been making huge pots of strawberry and rhubarb compote. I could eat it by the spoonful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. It’s a while … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Fruit, What I Love to Cook Tagged Baking, Breakfast, Brunch, Buttermilk, Cake, Food, Muffins, Rhubarb, Spring, Strawberry 5 Comments
Sunday Brunch. Hot Cross Easter Muffins. No Yeast Required.
Rocky road eggs one day. Hot cross muffins the next. Easter is definitely around the corner. This clever twist on the traditional hot cross bun came to me via my very generous friend Grace. Courtesy of Delicious magazine. Circa March … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Breakfast, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Baking, Breakfast, Buttermilk, Cranberries, Currants, Easter, Food, Hot Cross Muffins, Mixed Spice, Rum 2 Comments
Tart and Sweet. Rhubarb and Apple Buttermilk Muffins.
Is there anything more wonderful than rhubarb? Bright and brilliant rosy red. Tart and sweet. The glossier and crisper the stalks, the more intense the colour and the sweeter the fruit. When in season I buy bunches by the armful … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Breakfast, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Baking, Breakfast, Buttermilk, Food, Muffins, Rhubarb 11 Comments
Afternoon Tea Time Treat. Vanilla Buttermilk Cake with Apples and Raspberries
When my daughter was about eight or nine years old her Christmas gift to me was a notebook with Mum’s Recipes copied in her best handwriting in red ink (to match the red scooter on the cover) and a pen. … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Baking, Buttermilk, Cake, Food, Raspberry, Recipe, Vanilla 3 Comments