Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Raspberry
I’ve been reading Jessie Burton’s fascinating novel The Miniaturist, and by no small coincidence seem to have subconsciously reverted to baking all manner of cakes, brownies and slices in my newly acquired mini loaf trays. I’m now the proud owner … Continue reading
Lately I’ve embarked on a spate of baking. With the cooler weather there seems to be a never ending demand for cake. For school lunch boxes, cake stalls, afternoon teas and bring a plate get togethers. Whatever the request a … Continue reading
I love a lazy Sunday morning. Sleep-ins, newspapers and cappuccinos. A welcome respite from our hectic schedules and sadly an increasingly rare commodity in our busy household. No gulping down my coffee, one eye on the ticking clock as I … Continue reading
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading
Last week’s chocolate and vanilla marble bundt cake was so popular that the requests came in thick and fast for another. Could it be that this simple cake is about to supersede caramel slice, choc chip cookies and chocolate cake … Continue reading
A Trip Down Memory Lane. Australian Milk Bar Red Back Spiders. Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis And Coca Cola.
Remembering the good old Aussie Milk Bar. The cornerstone of any self respecting city suburb or country town. Mixed businesses usually run by Greek or Italian immigrants. Friendly, communal places where you could pick up the newspaper, a bottle of … Continue reading
Nothing beats biting into a freshly baked lamington.Vanilla sponge coated in a layer of chocolate icing and then rolled in dessicated coconut. Simple, elegant and decidedly delicious. Iconically Australian. Most times a great lamington is hard to come by. Here … Continue reading
What to bake with all the egg whites leftover from my husband’s birthday mousse cake. Something fruity and delicious. Raspberry and lemon friands definitely hit the sweet spot today. Dainty little almond tea cakes that disappear in a few bites. … Continue reading
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading
I have an almost empty jar of my mother’s home-made plum jam in the refrigerator. Word associations. Plum jam. Jam tart. Hazelnuts and jam. Linzertorte. A delicious tart made with a crumbly crust of flour, butter, egg yolks, and ground hazelnuts. … Continue reading