Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Almond
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Orange Scented Double Cacao Hazelnut Bliss Bombs.
Normally I would never post a recipe for something sweet on a 5-2 fast day. With a daily intake of only 500 calories, every morsel that passes my lips is carefully calorie counted with a very firm emphasis on wholesome … Continue reading
Pretty little Apple Rose Tartlets have been populating my Instagram feed. Darling bijoux works of art constructed from little more than layers of thinly sliced apple and butter puff. So impossibly gorgeous, my interest could not help but be piqued. … Continue reading
I do most of my baking in the cooler months, when it’s not too hot to turn on the oven, and cocooned against the elements we’re craving comfort food. Particularly on wet, dreary days when there’s nothing more inviting than … Continue reading
This weekend my daughters are visiting their grandparents interstate.Tucked into their luggage will be a box of hone baked treats. A trio of Italian biscuits. Sweet but tart Sour Cherry Amaretti (my father’s favourite), caramelised nutty nuggets of Brutti Ma … Continue reading
Lately I’ve embarked on a spate of baking. With the cooler weather there seems to be a never ending demand for cake. For school lunch boxes, cake stalls, afternoon teas and bring a plate get togethers. Whatever the request a … Continue reading
Rummaging through my cupboards this morning searching for muffin tins I came across my mini bundt tray. It’s been quite a while since they’ve seen the light of day, probably not since last winter when I used them to bake Little … Continue reading
I’ve always maintained that the secret behind a great cake is a great recipe. Last week over coffee at an Italian cafe I shared a divine slice of lemon polenta cake for afternoon tea. Luxuriously moist and laden with ricotta, … Continue reading
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading