Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Almond
Leafing through a pile of back issues of Delicious magazine I came across a very clever recipe for Italian florentines. A delectable combination of caramel, dried fruit and nuts. Baked in a slab. Cut into perfect circles just before the … Continue reading
I’ve always been partial to a well made frangipane tart. A crisp and light pastry shell bursting with almond frangipane cream and seasonal fruit. The markets are awash with rhubarb, its natural tartness a perfect foil for the delicate sweetness of the … Continue reading
What to bake with all the egg whites leftover from my husband’s birthday mousse cake. Something fruity and delicious. Raspberry and lemon friands definitely hit the sweet spot today. Dainty little almond tea cakes that disappear in a few bites. … Continue reading
Tuesday night in our house is all about using up the contents of the fridge before our weekly grocery shop. This week’s inventory included half a packet of wonton wrappers left over from our weekend ricotta ravioli fix. Perfect for … Continue reading
These gorgeous little almond biscuits are the bomb. Lightly crisp on the outside. Slightly chewy on the inside. Sweet but a little tart. Jam packed with dried sour cherries. For years I have been making the trek across town to … Continue reading
These brownies are rich, soft and crumbly. Delicate. Deliciously decadent. Perfect as dessert. They truly need no other introduction. Chocolate Brownies With Cherries and Almonds. 125g unsalted butter, cubed 100g bittersweet chocolate, chopped 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon pure vanilla … Continue reading
Little Miss Sunshine. Flourless Orange and Almond Torte with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, Turkish Delight, Pistachio and Rose Petals.
This joyful cake is inspired by Alla Wolf-Tasker’s flourless orange cake at the wonderful Wombat Hill House Cafe in Daylesford, Victoria. I remember being thoroughly mesmerised by the breathtaking prettiness of a slice of that particular cake. So much so I … Continue reading
Hermann didn’t quite make it to Siberia. He received a last minute reprieve after repeated requests to bake a chocolate version. I was a bit dubious at first about adding chocolate to Hermann. In my mind Hermann was best suited … Continue reading
We were sitting down to dinner last night when the phone rang. It was Grace with the news that she had just cooked a recipe from one of my first blogs, the Karaage, aka Japanese fried chicken. I cannot tell you the … Continue reading