Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Muffins
It’s been way too hot and humid to contemplate turning on the oven and baking for quite some time now. Today I’ve only relented as my girls have an upcoming hike for their Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme. I feel … Continue reading
Winter breakfasts to go in our house consist of ready made jars of creamy steel cut oats and compote in the refrigerator and an ever changing combination of fruit and nut studded muffins in the freezer. Together they provide warming, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Savoury Zucchini And Bacon Muffins.
One of the keys to a successful fast day most definitely lies in portion control. On fast days I like to eat well, concentrating on healthy, flavoursome food but find I need to keep a vigilant eye on how much … Continue reading
We’ve all been there. Booked a long weekend or holiday getaway at an idyllic, secluded beach house. Far from the maddening crowds. And the nearest convenience store. The car is loaded up with enough provisions to tide the family over … Continue reading
Rhubarb and strawberry. One of my favourite flavour combinations. In season right now. I’ve been making huge pots of strawberry and rhubarb compote. I could eat it by the spoonful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. It’s a while … Continue reading
Is there anything more wonderful than rhubarb? Bright and brilliant rosy red. Tart and sweet. The glossier and crisper the stalks, the more intense the colour and the sweeter the fruit. When in season I buy bunches by the armful … Continue reading
I love the way that old favourites can sometimes be reinvented with a little tweaking to become something new and fabulous. For decades I have been baking Poppy Seed and Pound Cake Muffins for Sunday brunch. They are fast and … Continue reading
Hermann didn’t quite make it to Siberia. He received a last minute reprieve after repeated requests to bake a chocolate version. I was a bit dubious at first about adding chocolate to Hermann. In my mind Hermann was best suited … Continue reading
It has been a very warm week and Hermann has been so very active breaking free from his bowl on the kitchen bench every other day. I’d almost started to think of him as a recalcitrant child. On Sunday I … Continue reading