Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Eat, Fast and Live Longer.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Category Archives: Sweet Treats
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
There’s a lot of mystery surrounding the perfect panna cotta. A traditional Italian dessert literally translating as “cooked cream” it consists simply of sweetened milk and cream, held together with a little bit of gelatin. The defining hallmark of a … Continue reading
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading
It seems like an age since I made Ginger Crunch. Another old-fashioned childhood slice, reminiscent of cake stalls, school fetes and fund raising drives. Utterly addictive, this very simple slice combines a short, crisp and crunchy (almost shattering) biscuit base … Continue reading
This week I became custodian of our family’s Christmas pudding bowl and associated accoutrements. In amongst the carefully wrapped packages were shiny silver pennies and a gorgeous array of miniature Nigella-esque reindeer and fir tree decorations. I’ve written before about … Continue reading
Sometimes even I surprise myself. Another dreary winter’s afternoon. Yet again my rather peckish household was on the hunt for something sweet to eat with a hot drink. Of course, like a plague of locusts they’d already stripped my cupboards … Continue reading
Much to my family’s delight I’ve been banishing the winter blues with a renewed interest in baking. As always school holidays mean a full house and quickly depleting fridge and pantry courtesy of a contingent of constantly ravenous teenagers on … Continue reading
There’s a definite sense of comforting nostalgia associated with delving deep into my bottom kitchen drawer to retrieve a long forgotten favourite recipe. A trip down memory lane, resurrecting recipes for good old fashioned treats. The sort our nannas might have … Continue reading
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading