Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Caramel
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
I’ve always had a soft spot for doughnuts. Of every variety. Cinnamon sugar dusted, glazed or jam filled. Hot from the oven or fryer. Indeed some of my most poignant childhood memories are of holidays spent my grandparents, the highlight … Continue reading
Oh my. Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and totally abandon any semblance of clean eating. To shamelessly indulge in the pleasures of the feast. Sometimes I just can’t say no, particularly so when staring down something like this. … Continue reading
This week has been a frantic whirlwind of activity. With Easter coinciding with the end of school term holidays, I’m looking forward to having all my family under one roof and getting away for a long weekend break. There will … Continue reading
Toffee making and I have had a long and chequered history. I have the scars to prove it. Over the years I have experimented with all sorts of permutations in my quest to achieve toffee nirvana. Recently I discovered … Continue reading
Birthdays are always celebrated in our house with a home-made cake of the lucky birthday boy or girl’s choosing. Last weekend we celebrated our daughters’ fifteenth birthday. This time last year I made elegant Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate … Continue reading
This weekend my girls turn fifteen and I’ve promised them a four layer chocolate caramel ombré piñata cake. Sandwiched with dulche de leche. Smothered in chocolate ganache. Filled with mini m&m’s and jelly tots. A teenage balayage inspired sugar high. … Continue reading
I’ve eaten many cinnamon scrolls in my time but have never attempted to bake them myself. Until yesterday. Inspired by Lindy from A Taste of Wintergreen’s wonderful post Love On A Platter. They say a picture paints a thousand words, … Continue reading
Highly Addictive. Incredibly Easy To Prepare. Brigadeiros. Brazilian Chocolate Caramel Fudge Truffles.
These must be the easiest truffles I have ever made. Cooked to fudgy perfection, cooled, rolled into little balls and coated within an hour. Including the clean up and loading of the dishwasher. Brigadeiros. Unbelievably sweet and delicious. Highly addictive. A Brazilian … Continue reading
Today I’m taking a trip down memory lane. Back to my childhood. Remember Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs? A nostalgic blast from the past. Nutty caramel-coated popcorn clusters that hit Australian shores by storm in the 1980’s. As their tagline put … Continue reading