Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Vanilla
Birthdays are always celebrated in our house with a home-made cake of the lucky birthday boy or girl’s choosing. Last weekend we celebrated our daughters’ fifteenth birthday. This time last year I made elegant Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate … Continue reading
Light and airy savoiardi have long been a personal favourite of mine. Dating way back to the fourteenth century, this Piedmontese speciality was invented when the Duke of Savoy, Amedeo VI, asked his pastry chef to create something delicate and … Continue reading
There’s a serious battle being played out in our kitchen at the moment between the much loved, often requested, traditional chocolate caramel slice and a new contender; a very modern salted vanilla fudge shortbread square. Having baked just one … Continue reading
This weekend we’re celebrating my husband’s birthday, and as always I’m baking a celebratory cake. Last year we embarked on a serious chocoholic indulgence with a Chocolate Mousse Torte with Candied Morello Cherries and Hazelnut Praline, this year it’s … Continue reading
This weekend my daughters are visiting their grandparents interstate.Tucked into their luggage will be a box of hone baked treats. A trio of Italian biscuits. Sweet but tart Sour Cherry Amaretti (my father’s favourite), caramelised nutty nuggets of Brutti Ma … Continue reading
We are fortunate to live in a temperate climate. At the Growers Markets last weekend, despite being in the midst of winter, I was lucky enough to pick up bunches of ruby red rhubarb and punnets of sweetly scented strawberries. Just … Continue reading
Lately I’ve embarked on a spate of baking. With the cooler weather there seems to be a never ending demand for cake. For school lunch boxes, cake stalls, afternoon teas and bring a plate get togethers. Whatever the request a … Continue reading
Lately I have been delving deep into my kitchen drawer and resurrecting recipes for old fashioned treats. The sort your grandma might have made. Some crawled on scraps of paper, others ripped from the pages of newspapers and magazines. Earmarked … Continue reading
Eggs, butter, milk, sugar, flour and vanilla. Six staple ingredients that can be found in almost any kitchen pantry. I’m always amazed at the many different ways these basic elements can be combined to produce a wide variety of delicious … Continue reading
This weekend I embraced a little retro baking. This sour cream cheesecake was a staple, special occasion dessert in our house when I was young. Always made with 2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese. Scented with a little lemon and … Continue reading