Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Cream
Before I delve any further into this post, there is an important disclaimer I need to make. Fat free refers to the contents of my chocolate sponge, most definitely not the filling. Knowing there is no butter in the sponge … Continue reading
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading
Mascarpone. Word associations. Triple Creme. Luxurious. Expensive. Italy’s answer to creme fraiche. Thick, luscious and creamy. Slightly sour with a wonderful palate cleansing tang. Celebrations. Cannoli and tiramisu. Lazy holiday brunch. Peaches and cream. Sweet summer berry tarts. Savoury mushroom … Continue reading
In our house school holidays are synonymous with road trips. Taking the road less well travelled. Meandering through country towns, unearthing all manner of bric a brac at antique stores before stopping for an inevitable Devonshire tea of freshly baked … Continue reading
Inspired By Black Star Pastry. Pistachio Dacquoise With Rose Water Infused Watermelon, Berries And Marscapone Cream.
Today’s post continues with my watermelon theme. A couple of weeks ago my very good friend Susan introduced me Black Star Pastry’s magnificent Watermelon Cake. A light as air layered confection of almond dacquoise and rosewater infused berries, watermelon and … Continue reading
There’s a serious battle being played out in our kitchen at the moment between the much loved, often requested, traditional chocolate caramel slice and a new contender; a very modern salted vanilla fudge shortbread square. Having baked just one … Continue reading
I have a confession to make. I’m obsessed with Wimbledon. The oldest and most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. Hosted each year by the All England Lawn Tennis Club. So deep is my obsession that I have just … Continue reading
Lately I have been delving deep into my kitchen drawer and resurrecting recipes for old fashioned treats. The sort your grandma might have made. Some crawled on scraps of paper, others ripped from the pages of newspapers and magazines. Earmarked … Continue reading
Sunday night dinner at home. A delicious and deeply satisfying slow baked potato gratin served with a side salad. A firm family favourite. Lush and creamy on the inside with a burnished golden crust. Best of all, after just a … Continue reading
I love old fashioned baking recipes. Uncomplicated. Down to earth. Practical. Using nothing more than basic pantry ingredients. This cupcake recipe is a staple in our house. A birthday party and afternoon tea treat resurrected from my childhood. Light. Delicate. Buttery. … Continue reading