Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Nigella's Sweet and Salty Crunch Nut Bars with Homemade Honeycomb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Christmas
This week I became custodian of our family’s Christmas pudding bowl and associated accoutrements. In amongst the carefully wrapped packages were shiny silver pennies and a gorgeous array of miniature Nigella-esque reindeer and fir tree decorations. I’ve written before about … Continue reading
There’s a mysterious somebody in our house who nobody knows. He’s a frequent visitor, especially at times of major family celebrations, but must be quite shy and reserved as despite much coaxing and cajoling has been most reluctant to reveal … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Yoghurt Drops With Cranberries and Pistachio.
With Christmas just three sleeps away and festive feasting in full swing, it’s not entirely surprising that the wheels are slowly wobbling off my 5-2 fasting wagon. I remember reading somewhere that on average Australians gain 0.8 to 1.5 kg … Continue reading
I know its almost Christmas when bags of Pfeffernüsse start appearing in supermarkets and delicatessens. I’ve always had a huge soft spot for these delicious little German “pepper nut” cookies. Full of a heady mix of honey, molasses and ground spices; nutmeg, cardamom, anise, … Continue reading
Schools out for the summer. Swaddled in a calico ham bag in my fridge? A cola glazed, clove studded baked leg of ham. In readiness for the inevitable plague of teenage locusts standing askance in front of an open fridge, … Continue reading
Are you up for the challenge? What to make when asked to bring a gluten free, dairy free and nut free sweet treat to an early Christmas get-together? This request almost had me stumped. Sometimes it helps not to over … Continue reading
Mascarpone. Word associations. Triple Creme. Luxurious. Expensive. Italy’s answer to creme fraiche. Thick, luscious and creamy. Slightly sour with a wonderful palate cleansing tang. Celebrations. Cannoli and tiramisu. Lazy holiday brunch. Peaches and cream. Sweet summer berry tarts. Savoury mushroom … Continue reading
Last Friday my aunt and I spent a pleasant afternoon chopping and soaking fruit for this year’s Christmas pudding. This week the pudding will be made and steamed and put away in a dark cool place to mature. We’re keeping … Continue reading
Fuss Free For A Very Cool Yule. Christmas Pudding Ice Cream With Chocolate Ice Magic Topping and Cherries.
With the Christmas party season in full swing and preparations for the big day well under way, there seems to be very little time to sit back, relax and smell the roses. Throw in a little heat and, dare I … Continue reading
Last Saturday, free of my children’s sporting commitments, I spent all morning, (and a good part of the early afternoon) browsing the fabulous Eveleigh Farmer’s Market and surrounding cafes and antique stores. An all time favourite activity that sadly has … Continue reading