Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,261 other subscribers
Category Archives: Cheese
Sometimes all I need to tide me over on a 5-2 fast day is one simple but delicious element. Something like this gorgeously light and tangy whipped feta. Smeared on a plate it’s a gorgeous accompaniment to a roasted root … Continue reading
Mascarpone. Word associations. Triple Creme. Luxurious. Expensive. Italy’s answer to creme fraiche. Thick, luscious and creamy. Slightly sour with a wonderful palate cleansing tang. Celebrations. Cannoli and tiramisu. Lazy holiday brunch. Peaches and cream. Sweet summer berry tarts. Savoury mushroom … Continue reading
Hiding beneath this cheesy golden crust? Big bold Mediterranean flavours of an oven roasted ratatouille. A delicious medley of eggplant, capsicum, tomato and zucchini ensconced in a flaky pastry deep dish quiche. Each bite redolent of the promise of … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Watermelon And Grilled Haloumi Salad With Chimichurri Dressing.
With winter well and truly over, new season produce is hitting our farmer’s market stalls. After a long hiatus watermelons from Far North Queensland are making a very welcome reappearance. The secret to choosing the sweetest and juiciest melons? Tap … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Japanese Inspired French Onion Soup With Oven Baked Parmesan Crisps.
At first glance French Onion Soup may seem to be an incongruous choice for a 5-2 fast day meal idea. Visions of deep bowls filled with caramelised onions simmered in a rich beef broth and thick gratinéed croutons of bubbling … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer.A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. A Mediterranean Grilled Haloumi and Summer Vegetable Salad.
When the temperatures soar the last thing I want to do is spend hours in a hot kitchen preparing an evening meal. On hot, balmy evenings the barbecue is my best friend. Relaxed, alfresco cooking and dining. Pared back … Continue reading
Another feast day, another indulgence. This time a very simple canapé. Plump, luscious Medjool dates, split, seeded and filled with a perfectly ripe triple cream white mould cheese. Finished with a generous sprinkling of freshly roasted, crushed pistachio. A most … Continue reading
This weekend I embraced a little retro baking. This sour cream cheesecake was a staple, special occasion dessert in our house when I was young. Always made with 2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese. Scented with a little lemon and … Continue reading
Not so long ago we dropped by friends for a pre-dinner drink before heading out for a meal at a nearby restaurant. At the door we were greeted by the most delicious aroma. Home baked cheese biscuits. The perfect accompaniment … Continue reading
Ricotta ravioli are always are very special treat at our house. Soft pillows of lemon scented ricotta and parmesan cheese encased in silky smooth pasta. Traditionally made from scratch with long sheets of homemade pasta they can be time consuming … Continue reading