Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Pasta
I have a confession to make. Until last week I had never made macaroni and cheese. Not ever. Perhaps because the go to pasta dish in our house has always been pasticcio; a deliciously molten mass of baked pasta, bolognaise, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Hearty Minestrone Soup With Bacon And Pasta
Another Monday. Another fast day. With the definite arrival of cooler weather I’m settling into a rather easy pattern of putting soup on the dinner table on Monday nights. Wholesome, warm and nourishing, nothing beats making an enormous pot of … Continue reading
This recipe is from my arsenal of what to put on the table for dinner when time is short and everyone is very, very hungry. For those incredibly busy days when my schedule progressively backs up into a colliding, ever-expanding … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
Waste Not. Want Not. From An Italian Mama’s Kitchen. Pasta With Broccoli, Pancetta, Chilli And Garlic.
With three teenagers I always seem to be in the car. Driving them to one or another of their sport or extracurricular commitments. More often than not I’m stuck in traffic. Listening to the radio. The other day I happened … Continue reading
Ricotta ravioli are always are very special treat at our house. Soft pillows of lemon scented ricotta and parmesan cheese encased in silky smooth pasta. Traditionally made from scratch with long sheets of homemade pasta they can be time consuming … Continue reading
Sunday Night Dinner. Family Food. Italian Meatballs With Ricotta and Parmesan Cheese and a Rich Tomato Sauce.
Sunday night dinner after a busy weekend. Is there anything more comforting than meatballs in a rich tomato sauce? Perfect family food for a cold winter’s night. Our favourite meatball recipe features ricotta and parmesan cheese. The result? Meltingly soft … Continue reading
I had started the day thinking I would make ravioli filled with roast pumpkin and ricotta. Somehow my day began to back up on itself and before long it was mid-afternoon. The pumpkin was roasted but I hadn’t even started … Continue reading
In my books nothing beats a big, beautiful bowl of pasta. Midweek I like to use up the contents of my fridge. This week I was in luck. On hand following my weekend deli splurge? Egg fettuccine, pancetta and parmigiano-reggiano. … Continue reading
The Flavours of Autumn. Ricotta Gnocchi. Two Ways. With A Fresh Vine Ripened Cherry Tomato Sauce And Basil Pesto.
My family adores home-made gnocchi. Traditionally made with potato, they can be a little time-consuming to make. Here is a very fast and easy recipe for times when you might be craving a gnocchi fix but are time poor. These might look … Continue reading