Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Pine Nuts
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
I’m craving salad at the moment. Here is a fresh, vibrant gutsy zucchini rendition courtesy of Jamie Oliver. Featured in one of his very first books Happy Days. Published in 2001. Can it really be that we have been enjoying … Continue reading
In keeping with my quest to embrace a new, healthier me in what remains of the lead up to Christmas here’s a very festive, Mediterranean inspired roasted capsicum dish. Using seasonal vegetables its absolutely delicious. Big, bold Mediterranean flavours with … Continue reading
Pasta again for dinner tonight. This time its Genovese style with Pesto, Asparagus and Kipfler Potato. My daughter has a swim meet this weekend and she’s carbohydrate loading. Only joking. About the carb loading that is. If the truth be … Continue reading