Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Asparagus
This post takes it’s inspiration from our in season abundance of beautifully fresh and vibrant spring greens. Casting around for something new and interesting to try, I recently stumbled across The Huffington Post’s article Donna Hay Has Reinvented Risotto and It’s … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Poached Egg With Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Soldiers.
For me one of the first signs that Spring has well and truly arrived is the appearance of plump, emerald green spears of sweet and tender new season asparagus. I love nothing better than to swaddle them in salty prosciutto. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Spring Stir Fry With Chicken, Asparagus And Snow Peas.
It’s no secret that the easiest way to negotiate a 5-2 fast day is to fill your plate with a little lean protein and plenty of fresh seasonal vegetables. Taking advantage of all the gorgeous Spring produce, we’ve been overloading … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Raw Asparagus and Zucchini Salad with Parmesan, Lemon And Mint
Here’s another 5-2 fast day meal idea that celebrates the abundance of gorgeously fresh produce. In Italy ‘Insalata Crudi‘ or raw vegetable salads are a staple of any Spring or Summer dinner table. Vibrant and delicious they are a breeze … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Spring Vegetable Frittata With Asparagus And Broccolini.
I adore early Spring, each week brings an ever growing abundance of garden fresh vegetables. At the moment I’m pairing the last of Winter’s broccolini with tender, new season spears of emerald green asparagus. Sautéed in a little olive oil … Continue reading
February in Sydney can be particularly brutal. The relentless heat and humidity is energy zapping and can leave you feeling listless and out of sorts. We had a respite for a few days with some welcome rain, but not for … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 200 Calories. Grilled Asparagus Salad With Rocket, Mint and Parmesan.
Asparagus season is in full swing. One of my favourite salads combines lightly grilled asparagus spears with peppery rocket and refreshing mint. Dressed with a simple olive oil and lemon vinaigrette. Garnished with a good grating of parmesan cheese. Another … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
I’m a big fan of Jamie Oliver. I love his energy. His style. His food philosophy. I don’t mean to be overly critical but the concept of a fifteen minute meal is seriously doing my head in. When I hear … Continue reading
Pasta again for dinner tonight. This time its Genovese style with Pesto, Asparagus and Kipfler Potato. My daughter has a swim meet this weekend and she’s carbohydrate loading. Only joking. About the carb loading that is. If the truth be … Continue reading