Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Brunch
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Poached Egg With Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Soldiers.
For me one of the first signs that Spring has well and truly arrived is the appearance of plump, emerald green spears of sweet and tender new season asparagus. I love nothing better than to swaddle them in salty prosciutto. … Continue reading
There’s a lot of mystery surrounding the perfect panna cotta. A traditional Italian dessert literally translating as “cooked cream” it consists simply of sweetened milk and cream, held together with a little bit of gelatin. The defining hallmark of a … Continue reading
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Overnight Yoghurt Chia Seed Pudding In A Jar.
Move over bircher muesli, chia pudding is my new 5-2 fast diet “thing”. A no fuss meal that’s very easy to prepare. Almost no effort required. Just measure three simple ingredients – chia seeds, flavoured Greek yoghurt and low fat … Continue reading
Pretty little Apple Rose Tartlets have been populating my Instagram feed. Darling bijoux works of art constructed from little more than layers of thinly sliced apple and butter puff. So impossibly gorgeous, my interest could not help but be piqued. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Berry And Yoghurt Smoothie Bowls.
Last summer I was introduced to the instagram smoothie bowl craze by my teenage daughters. Literally a smoothie in a bowl. Thickened with frozen fruit to add natural sweetness and creaminess. Topped with an ever-changing but always pretty array of … Continue reading
This week has been a frantic whirlwind of activity. With Easter coinciding with the end of school term holidays, I’m looking forward to having all my family under one roof and getting away for a long weekend break. There will … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Strawberry Chia Agua Fresca.
This past week has been almost unbearably hot and humid, and the next seems to promise little relief. To beat the heat, I’m turning to Mexico for inspiration, quenching my thirst with aguas frescas. These ingenious “fresh water” infusions combine still … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Sweet Potato And Green Bean Frittata With Smoked Salmon.
Happily I can report that Week One back on the 5-2 bandwagon was an overwhelming success, even after a long ten week hiatus. In the scheme of things, I’ve always found Mondays to be particularly easy; a welcome respite and … Continue reading