Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,261 other followers
Tag Archives: Rice
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Japanese Hand Rolls “Temaki Zushi”
We adore sushi in our house. It’s fresh, healthy and quite easy to prepare. Previously I have shied away from the idea of making sushi for a fast day meal, chastened by the thought of the massive 540 calorie count … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. It’s All About The Chicken. 5-2 Fast Day Hainanese Chicken With Broccolini And Steamed Rice.
One of our favourite family meals is Bill Granger’s Silky Hainanese Chicken. Soft, delicate, fragrant poached chicken. Served with onion rice, ginger relish and a generous drizzle of broth. Warming and comforting. Simple and satisfying. For a long time I have been curious … Continue reading
What to cook for my teenage son on the eve of his departure of a school field trip to Japan? The perfect midweek dinner. Omurice (オムライス). Japanese omelette rice (omu-raisu). Popular in Japan, it is considered yōshoku (western food). A contemporary … Continue reading
Larb is a minced meat salad popular in Thailand, and is widely regarded as the national dish of its neighbouring country, Laos. Most commonly made with pork, chicken or beef. Seasoned with lime, chilli, fish sauce, ground toasted rice and … Continue reading
Today’s 5-2 challenge focus? Transforming simple meals into something amazing by introducing new flavours. One of the hottest new food trends of the year is kimchi. A traditional Korean fermented pickle that’s crunchy, sour, sweet, salty and spicy. Its flavour … Continue reading
Tonight I made risotto for dinner thinking its soft and creamy texture would be the perfect meal solution for my daughter’s brand new braces. The orthodontist had warned that her teeth and gums might be sore and tender for a … Continue reading
Silky Hainanese Chicken. Bill Granger’s Warm Poached Chicken with Onion Rice and Fresh Ginger Relish.
It’s been raining all day. The perfect dinner for a cold, wet and rainy Saturday night? Soft, silky Hainanese Chicken. Delicate, fragrant poached chicken. Served with onion rice, ginger relish and a generous drizzling of broth. Warming. Comforting. Delicious. Simple and satisfying. One of my … Continue reading
We eat paella often in our house. Sometimes with seafood. At other times without. Always with chorizo. It’s a wonderfully communal dish to cook and eat. Spicy. Full of flavour. Easy to prepare. I must confess this weekend I ran … Continue reading
Arancini. A Sicilian specialty. Crunchy, little golden risotto balls. Traditionally filled with a rich slow-cooked tomato and meat ragu. Crumbed and fried to perfection. Pure genius. Incredibly delicious. Perhaps invented by thrifty Italian mamas of yore to make use of leftovers. … Continue reading
Monday night dinner is always a simple affair. On Sunday night my son cooked a Thai Green Chicken Curry. There was a veritable mountain of leftover steamed rice. Perfect excuse for fried rice. Wok-seared with ginger, chilli and garlic. Egg, … Continue reading