Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- A Quick And Elegant Brunch. Smoked Trout Tartine With Radish and Radicchio.
- Slow Food. Neil Perry's Chinese-Style Braised Beef Ribs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Avocado
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Japanese Hand Rolls “Temaki Zushi”
We adore sushi in our house. It’s fresh, healthy and quite easy to prepare. Previously I have shied away from the idea of making sushi for a fast day meal, chastened by the thought of the massive 540 calorie count … Continue reading
Posted in Rice, Small Bites, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Carrot, Cucumber, Fasting Diet, Gluten free, Healthy, Lettuce, Rice, Sashimi, Sushi 6 Comments
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Brunch Bruschetta With Soft Poached Egg and Avocado Salsa
It has been quite a while since I posted a fast day breakfast or brunch idea. Usually I prefer to save the majority of my calories for a substantial dinner, but every now and then I vary the routine and … Continue reading
Posted in Breakfast, Eggs, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Brunch, Bruschetta, Coriander, Egg, Fast Diet, Healthy, Salsa, Spring Onion, Tomato 7 Comments
The 5-2 Challenge. Fresh, Delicious and Vibrant. A Fast Day Guacamole With Crushed Spring Peas.
I love guacamole and have been preparing it for years. Most times I vary the recipe to accommodate what is readily available at the market and in my herb garden. With avocado season in full swing my fruit bowl is … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Coriander, Fasting Diet, Gluten free, Guacamole, Mint, Peas, Tomato 2 Comments
The 5-2.Challenge. Thinking Outside The Square. La Cecina. Chickpea Crêpes With a Vine Ripened Tomato, Avocado and Rocket Salad.
Avocados are in season. At Farmer’s Markets growers are selling them by the bucketload. My avocado food associations? Guacamole. Mexican. Tortilla. For a long time now I have been meaning to try my hand at homemade corn tortillas. Made from … Continue reading
Posted in Salads, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Chickpeas, Crepes, Fasting Diet, Flatbread, La Cecina, Rocket, Tomato 4 Comments
The 5-2 Challenge. Fast Day Quick Meal. Tomato and Chilli Omelette With Avocado and Fresh Herbs.
The easiest fast days are the busiest. Sometimes there is not a lot of time to spend in the kitchen calorie counting to whip up a suitable meal. Here is my idea of a simple, nutritious fast day quick meal. … Continue reading
Posted in Eggs, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Avocado, Breakfast, Eggs, Fasting Diet, Food, Intermittent Fasting, Omelette, Tomato Comments Off on The 5-2 Challenge. Fast Day Quick Meal. Tomato and Chilli Omelette With Avocado and Fresh Herbs.
The 5-2 Challenge. Adapting Recipes To Fit The Brief. Green Goddess Dressing With Avocado and Greek Yoghurt.
I was watching Jamie Oliver whip up a Green Goddess Dressing on his show 15 Minute Meals the other night. Made with avocado, fresh herbs and yoghurt to dress a Mexican tortilla salad. One concept I have struggled a little … Continue reading