Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- What To Bake With Leftover Egg Whites. Dainty Little Almond Tea Cakes. Raspberry and Lemon Friands.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Lemon
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories.Warm Fennel Salad With Lemon, Parmesan and Herbs.
I’ve always loved fennel; crisp, crunchy and raw it’s always a welcome addition to my salads and slaws. In season, I love to slice my bulbs as thinly as I can on my mandolin, toss them with peppery baby rocket … Continue reading
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading
Sometimes even I surprise myself. Another dreary winter’s afternoon. Yet again my rather peckish household was on the hunt for something sweet to eat with a hot drink. Of course, like a plague of locusts they’d already stripped my cupboards … Continue reading
I love these little pastries. Their crisp and flaky exterior hide a sweet, rich and creamy surprise. A lovely lemon scented custard made with basic pantry ingredients semolina, sugar, butter and milk, and counter intuitively – no eggs. Whisked up … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Cold Sesame Soba Noodle Salad With Smoked Salmon, Spinach And Cucumber.
On fast days I like to adopt an eating clean mindset and fill my plate with minimally processed, natural foods. I’ve always loved the simplicity and elegance of Japanese food, so it’s no surprise that I often turn to its … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Tuscan Style Shredded Kale, Fennel And Radish Salad.
Shredded kale as a summer salad hit my radar a couple of weeks ago dining out at The Fish Shop in trendy Potts Point. Served as an accompaniment to a plate of scallop and corn fritters, it took me completely … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Ottolenghi’s Pomegranate, Tomato And Roasted Lemon Salad.
First post back after an extended Christmas New Year break and I’m slowly and rather reluctantly easing myself back into a 5-2 fast day routine. It’s alarming how quickly two weeks of unfettered feasting and convivial bonhomie can suddenly feel … Continue reading
Our long summer holidays spell a rolling caravan of beautifully fresh, simply prepared seafood feasts. Fish and chips at the beach. Freshly shucked oysters au naturel. Platefuls of fried flathead fillets with beer battered potato scallops. Calamari fritti. Slow baked salmon … Continue reading