Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Strawberries
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Before I delve any further into this post, there is an important disclaimer I need to make. Fat free refers to the contents of my chocolate sponge, most definitely not the filling. Knowing there is no butter in the sponge … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Berry And Yoghurt Smoothie Bowls.
Last summer I was introduced to the instagram smoothie bowl craze by my teenage daughters. Literally a smoothie in a bowl. Thickened with frozen fruit to add natural sweetness and creaminess. Topped with an ever-changing but always pretty array of … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Strawberry Chia Agua Fresca.
This past week has been almost unbearably hot and humid, and the next seems to promise little relief. To beat the heat, I’m turning to Mexico for inspiration, quenching my thirst with aguas frescas. These ingenious “fresh water” infusions combine still … Continue reading
What to drink when temperatures soar? Something sweet and refreshing and incredibly easy to prepare. This time last year with juicy watermelons and lush strawberries in plentiful supply at the markets I made Watermelon, Mint and Lime Paletas and Granita. … Continue reading
Inspired By Black Star Pastry. Pistachio Dacquoise With Rose Water Infused Watermelon, Berries And Marscapone Cream.
Today’s post continues with my watermelon theme. A couple of weeks ago my very good friend Susan introduced me Black Star Pastry’s magnificent Watermelon Cake. A light as air layered confection of almond dacquoise and rosewater infused berries, watermelon and … Continue reading
Oven dried strawberries are something I’ve been wanting to try for ages. This week, almost serendipitously, the ideal opportunity presented itself with enormous kilo punnets of fragrant, perfectly ripe and juicy strawberries available at the markets from our Victorian growers. … Continue reading
With a veritable mountain of creme patissiere beckoning from the refrigerator I decided to resurrect my tried and true choux puff pastry recipe. And so it was I spent a pleasant afternoon playing around with pastry in the kitchen. The … Continue reading
I have a confession to make. I’m obsessed with Wimbledon. The oldest and most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. Hosted each year by the All England Lawn Tennis Club. So deep is my obsession that I have just … Continue reading
We are fortunate to live in a temperate climate. At the Growers Markets last weekend, despite being in the midst of winter, I was lucky enough to pick up bunches of ruby red rhubarb and punnets of sweetly scented strawberries. Just … Continue reading