Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Toffee
It’s All In The Technique. Sweet and Simple Peanut Brittle.
Toffee making and I have had a long and chequered history. I have the scars to prove it. Over the years I have experimented with all sorts of permutations in my quest to achieve toffee nirvana. Recently I discovered … Continue reading
Posted in Confectionery, Sweet Treats Tagged Brittle, Caramel, Gluten free, Nut Brittle, Peanuts, Recipe, Sugar, Toffee 9 Comments
Crisp, Puffed And Golden. Strawberry Choux Pastry Crown With Creme Patissiere.
With a veritable mountain of creme patissiere beckoning from the refrigerator I decided to resurrect my tried and true choux puff pastry recipe. And so it was I spent a pleasant afternoon playing around with pastry in the kitchen. The … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Baking, Cake, Choux Pastry, Creme Patissiere, Dessert, Gateau, Strawberries, Toffee 8 Comments
Incredibly Delicious. Insanely Addictive. Sweet and Salty Candy Cane Cracker Toffee.
One tell tale sign that it’s the end of school year, and Christmas is round the corner is the burgeoning supply of candy canes in the house. What to do with all those sticky, sweet candy canes? Usually I crush … Continue reading
Posted in Chocolate, Confectionery, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Candy Cane, Chocolate, Christmas, Food, Salty, Slice, Sweet, Toffee 8 Comments
Toffee Apples For Grown Ups. Sweet, Crisp and Crunchy. Oven Baked Apple Chips With A Toffee Drizzle.
Here is my take on toffee apples. For grown ups. Intensely sweet, crisp and crunchy apple chips. Slow baked in the oven. Drizzled with toffee. So very easy to prepare. I’d almost say it’s child’s play except for a few … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Fruit, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple Chips, Apples, Chips, Cooking From Scratch, Crisps, Food, Gluten free, Recipe, Toffee 5 Comments