Most Popular Posts
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 100 Calories.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Eat, Fast and Live Longer.
- The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
- Eat, Fast And Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 200 Calories.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Baking
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
I’ve always had a huge soft spot for wagon wheels. Sadly those huge chocolate-y jammy biscuity discs so nostalgically and iconically reminiscent of many an Australian childhood seem to have shrunk in size. They were my all time favourite treat … Continue reading
We were the lucky beneficiaries of a big bag of beautifully fresh and fragrant homegrown lemons last weekend. Courtesy of my father’s garden. When life gives you lemons, what better excuse than to bake little lemon meringue tarts? Of course … Continue reading
Before I delve any further into this post, there is an important disclaimer I need to make. Fat free refers to the contents of my chocolate sponge, most definitely not the filling. Knowing there is no butter in the sponge … Continue reading
This week I became custodian of our family’s Christmas pudding bowl and associated accoutrements. In amongst the carefully wrapped packages were shiny silver pennies and a gorgeous array of miniature Nigella-esque reindeer and fir tree decorations. I’ve written before about … Continue reading
Much to my family’s delight I’ve been banishing the winter blues with a renewed interest in baking. As always school holidays mean a full house and quickly depleting fridge and pantry courtesy of a contingent of constantly ravenous teenagers on … Continue reading
There’s a definite sense of comforting nostalgia associated with delving deep into my bottom kitchen drawer to retrieve a long forgotten favourite recipe. A trip down memory lane, resurrecting recipes for good old fashioned treats. The sort our nannas might have … Continue reading
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading
I’ve always had a soft spot for doughnuts. Of every variety. Cinnamon sugar dusted, glazed or jam filled. Hot from the oven or fryer. Indeed some of my most poignant childhood memories are of holidays spent my grandparents, the highlight … Continue reading
Pretty little Apple Rose Tartlets have been populating my Instagram feed. Darling bijoux works of art constructed from little more than layers of thinly sliced apple and butter puff. So impossibly gorgeous, my interest could not help but be piqued. … Continue reading