Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Baking
Rummaging through the pantry cupboard, I chanced upon my pretty scallop edged madeleine trays. Relics of a long forgotten past. It must be ten years since I used them last. I well remember the thrill of the hunt for those … Continue reading
I love these little pastries. Their crisp and flaky exterior hide a sweet, rich and creamy surprise. A lovely lemon scented custard made with basic pantry ingredients semolina, sugar, butter and milk, and counter intuitively – no eggs. Whisked up … Continue reading
Oh my. Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and totally abandon any semblance of clean eating. To shamelessly indulge in the pleasures of the feast. Sometimes I just can’t say no, particularly so when staring down something like this. … Continue reading
One of the things I love most about school holidays is the welcome change of pace from a frenetic, breakneck speed to an almost leisurely meandering. Time to stop and smell the roses. Throw routine out the window and indulge … Continue reading
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
This post is for my dear friend Jane. Who recently reminded me of the joys of sacher torte, a rich and decadent chocolate cake invented in Vienna in 1832 by a young apprentice chef Franz Sacher for Prince Metternich. Jane … Continue reading
It’s been way too hot and humid to contemplate turning on the oven and baking for quite some time now. Today I’ve only relented as my girls have an upcoming hike for their Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme. I feel … Continue reading
Birthdays are always celebrated in our house with a home-made cake of the lucky birthday boy or girl’s choosing. Last weekend we celebrated our daughters’ fifteenth birthday. This time last year I made elegant Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate … Continue reading
Every so often I google food trends to discover what’s hip and happening across the globe. Sometimes out of pure curiosity, occasionally for inspiration. There’s the wild and whacky suggestions make me laugh out loud, and every now and then … Continue reading