Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Torte
Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Chocolate, What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Baking, Cake, Chocolate, Dessert, Hazelnut, Meringue, Mousse, Torte 7 Comments
Rich, Fudgy And Delicious. Not Quite Sacher Torte.
This post is for my dear friend Jane. Who recently reminded me of the joys of sacher torte, a rich and decadent chocolate cake invented in Vienna in 1832 by a young apprentice chef Franz Sacher for Prince Metternich. Jane … Continue reading
Posted in What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Almond Meal, Austrian, Autumn, Baking, Cake, Chocolate, Dessert, Jam, Sacher Torte, Torte 7 Comments
A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
I’ve always maintained that the secret behind a great cake is a great recipe. Last week over coffee at an Italian cafe I shared a divine slice of lemon polenta cake for afternoon tea. Luxuriously moist and laden with ricotta, … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Almond, Cake, Gluten free, Italian, Lemon, Polenta, Ricotta, Torte 18 Comments
Delving Deep Into My Kitchen Drawer. Chocolate Date and Nut Torte With Sour Cream Ice Cream.
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Frozen, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Almond, Baking, Chocolate, Condensed Milk, Dates, Dessert, Gluten free, Hazelnut, Ice cream, Sour Cream, Torte 9 Comments