Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Frozen
Just in time for Valentine’s Day this weekend. A sweet treat. Mini chocolate Bundt Bombes Alaska. Inspired by a sticking bundt tin baking disaster. I well remember being taught as a child to always grease and flour a baking tin. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Yoghurt Drops With Cranberries and Pistachio.
With Christmas just three sleeps away and festive feasting in full swing, it’s not entirely surprising that the wheels are slowly wobbling off my 5-2 fasting wagon. I remember reading somewhere that on average Australians gain 0.8 to 1.5 kg … Continue reading
I know its almost Christmas when bags of Pfeffernüsse start appearing in supermarkets and delicatessens. I’ve always had a huge soft spot for these delicious little German “pepper nut” cookies. Full of a heady mix of honey, molasses and ground spices; nutmeg, cardamom, anise, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Grapes And Cherries.
Here in the southern hemisphere, a reliable marker that Christmas is just around the corner is the appearance of big, beautiful bunches of grapes and boxes of cherries at the markets. With a searingly hot start to the summer with … Continue reading
This Sunday May 11 it’s Mother’s Day. Last year my family cooked up a storm in the kitchen serving up breakfast panini filled with Bill Granger’s decadently creamy scrambled eggs, crispy prosciutto and peppery rocket. I’m not sure what is … Continue reading
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
One sure sign that the summer holidays are well and truly over is the start of the new school year. This weekend we were thrust into the hurly burly of a full schedule of sport commitments. Soaring temperatures, traffic snarls … Continue reading
The Summer Edition. Sunshine And Happiness On A Stick. Sweet And Spicy Mango, Lime And Chilli Paletas.
Mango season is well and truly in full swing over our Christmas and New Year period. Lusciously ripe and abundant we have been buying mangoes by the tray, and storing them on the bottom shelf of the fridge, ready to … Continue reading
Fuss Free For A Very Cool Yule. Christmas Pudding Ice Cream With Chocolate Ice Magic Topping and Cherries.
With the Christmas party season in full swing and preparations for the big day well under way, there seems to be very little time to sit back, relax and smell the roses. Throw in a little heat and, dare I … Continue reading
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading