Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Category Archives: Frozen
Gin and tonic has always been my cocktail of choice. Particularly so on a hot and balmy night. Today in Sydney the temperatures soared to an unseasonally warm 37 C. Definitely time for a refreshing Bombay Sapphire with tonic and … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Keeping Cool When Temperatures Soar. Watermelon, Mint and Lime Paletas or Granita.
I fell in love with paletas last summer. In fact one of my earliest posts was about these very addictive Mexican fruit ices. It’s early spring but temperatures are already beginning to soar. We are expecting the thermometer to reach … Continue reading
A Trip Down Memory Lane. Australian Milk Bar Red Back Spiders. Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis And Coca Cola.
Remembering the good old Aussie Milk Bar. The cornerstone of any self respecting city suburb or country town. Mixed businesses usually run by Greek or Italian immigrants. Friendly, communal places where you could pick up the newspaper, a bottle of … Continue reading
Tonight we are having an early family celebration. For our son’s birthday. It’s hot and humid so for dessert I’m making semifreddo. Light, luscious and creamy. Perfect for a hot summer’s evening. Semifreddo means half -cold in Italian. It encompasses … Continue reading
This dreamy cake comes to me from across the ditch; that’s New Zealand for any non Australian readers, via my Auntie Alex in Melbourne. She has been making Strawberry Cloud Cake for years. It’s an Annabel Langbein recipe from her … Continue reading
I have an obsession with all things ice cream – gelato, sorbet, tartuffo, glace, granita, cassata, semifreddo, sherbet, tortoni , frozen yoghurt, parfait, sundae – you name it, if its frozen and sweet I’ve tried it. So how is it … Continue reading
Strawberry Paletas with Balsamic and Lemon Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed … Continue reading
Raspberry Paletas with Hibiscus and Rosehip Tea Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie. Makes 8-10 Ingredients 2 cups hibiscus tea cooler (see recipe below) 2/3 cup sugar 4 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen Finely grated … Continue reading
Roasted Banana Paleta with Grated Chocolate Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 3 ripe bananas 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 cup milk 1/2 cup … Continue reading