Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Strawberry
The Summer Edition. The Nostalgia Of The Soda Syphon. Home-made Strawberry Cordial With Lemon and Lime.
Our family enjoyed a very fizzy Christmas this year courtesy of a fire engine red SodaStream. Ostensibly purchased as a Secret Santa gift for my husband, it has well and truly captured the imagination of my delighted teenagers. A very … Continue reading
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading
The girls and I have a particular soft spot for pastel coloured bonbons in any array of sweet, fruity flavours. Not so long ago we spent an afternoon in the kitchen making Brigadeiros. Little chocolate caramel fudge truffles. The process … Continue reading
Rhubarb and strawberry. One of my favourite flavour combinations. In season right now. I’ve been making huge pots of strawberry and rhubarb compote. I could eat it by the spoonful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. It’s a while … Continue reading
From My Kitchen Pantry. Mini Italian Fried Doughnuts. Zeppole With A Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote.
What to do with half a bunch of rhubarb and a punnet of strawberries languishing in my refrigerator? A super quick and simple compote. To be spooned over yoghurt or oats for breakfast. At least that was the plan until … Continue reading
It’s official. Sixteen consecutive days of rain. One week of school holidays down. Two more to go. It’s been the wettest June I can remember, hopefully July will be better. I guess we will find out tomorrow. The Bureau of … Continue reading
Today I rendezvoused at a local cafe quaintly named The Grumpy Baker. With my cousins to discuss our Christmas Day menu. There is one unspoken rule. Everyone pitches in and shares the load. We like to keep it simple. A … Continue reading
This dreamy cake comes to me from across the ditch; that’s New Zealand for any non Australian readers, via my Auntie Alex in Melbourne. She has been making Strawberry Cloud Cake for years. It’s an Annabel Langbein recipe from her … Continue reading
I have an obsession with all things ice cream – gelato, sorbet, tartuffo, glace, granita, cassata, semifreddo, sherbet, tortoni , frozen yoghurt, parfait, sundae – you name it, if its frozen and sweet I’ve tried it. So how is it … Continue reading
Strawberry Paletas with Balsamic and Lemon Original recipe courtesy of Paletas by Fany Gerson. Adapted by The Paddington Foodie Makes 8-10 Ingredients 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed … Continue reading