Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 100 Calories.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 400 Calories.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Category Archives: Chocolate
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading
With the April holidays almost over, it’s time to properly embrace my 5-2 eating regime again. Somewhere along the line I’ve fallen into a pattern of faithful adherence during our 8-9 week school terms coupled with a slow but certain … Continue reading
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
Just in time for Valentine’s Day this weekend. A sweet treat. Mini chocolate Bundt Bombes Alaska. Inspired by a sticking bundt tin baking disaster. I well remember being taught as a child to always grease and flour a baking tin. … Continue reading
Each year February spells the beginning of an eagerly anticipated fig season. I literally can never get my fill of these lusciously addictive round bottomed beauties. Sweet, savoury or plucked directly from the tree, I try to enjoy them any … Continue reading
There’s a mysterious somebody in our house who nobody knows. He’s a frequent visitor, especially at times of major family celebrations, but must be quite shy and reserved as despite much coaxing and cajoling has been most reluctant to reveal … Continue reading
Are you up for the challenge? What to make when asked to bring a gluten free, dairy free and nut free sweet treat to an early Christmas get-together? This request almost had me stumped. Sometimes it helps not to over … Continue reading
Birthdays are always celebrated in our house with a home-made cake of the lucky birthday boy or girl’s choosing. Last weekend we celebrated our daughters’ fifteenth birthday. This time last year I made elegant Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate … Continue reading
It’s Spring and all of a sudden this week our garden has come alive with the heady scent of masses of orange jessamine and citrus blossoms. Inspiring me to make this celebratory Bittersweet Chocolate Tart scented with a little more … Continue reading
I’ve been reading Jessie Burton’s fascinating novel The Miniaturist, and by no small coincidence seem to have subconsciously reverted to baking all manner of cakes, brownies and slices in my newly acquired mini loaf trays. I’m now the proud owner … Continue reading