Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Toffee Apples For Grown Ups. Sweet, Crisp and Crunchy. Oven Baked Apple Chips With A Toffee Drizzle.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Chocolate
We can never go past a good brownie recipe in our house. So, not unsurprisingly, perusing the weekend paper last Sunday morning Frank Camorra’s recipe for Jaffa Brownie jumped out at me. My attention caught by the intriguing addition of … Continue reading
Lately I have been delving deep into my kitchen drawer and resurrecting recipes for old fashioned treats. The sort your grandma might have made. Some crawled on scraps of paper, others ripped from the pages of newspapers and magazines. Earmarked … Continue reading
Satisfying My Chocolate Cravings. No Bake Dark Chocolate Hedgehog Slice With Hazelnut, Pistachio and Turkish Delight.
With Easter just two weeks away my thoughts are turning to chocolate. It’s a wet, rainy Sunday and I am craving something sweet, rich and decadent but am feeling way too lethargic to whip up a storm in the kitchen, … Continue reading
A short and sweet Valentine’s Day post with a very simple dessert. I was introduced to this decadent Salted Dark Chocolate and Lime Mousse at drinks one balmy Friday night. Of course I had to have the recipe. At first … Continue reading
This weekend we are celebrating Australia Day. Sunday January 26 marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet in Sydney. Monday is an official public holiday, so we are enjoying another blissful long weekend. Another perfect excuse … Continue reading
One tell tale sign that it’s the end of school year, and Christmas is round the corner is the burgeoning supply of candy canes in the house. What to do with all those sticky, sweet candy canes? Usually I crush … Continue reading
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading
Brownies are a perennial favourite in our house. Rich, dense and fudgy these blonde brownies use white chocolate instead of the usual dark and are crammed full of sour cherries and macadamia nuts. Absolutely delicious and incredibly moreish they need … Continue reading
Leafing through a pile of back issues of Delicious magazine I came across a very clever recipe for Italian florentines. A delectable combination of caramel, dried fruit and nuts. Baked in a slab. Cut into perfect circles just before the … Continue reading
Raise your hands if you remember Ice Magic. That chocolate flavoured ice cream topping, manufactured by Cottees. It set hard in seconds. Like magic. A trip down memory lane for me. The stuff of childhood dreams. Instantly transforming a tub … Continue reading