Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,261 other followers
Category Archives: Musings & Inspiration
Another trip down memory lane. This time the focus is on the great Australian potato scallop. More popularly referred to as the potato cake in our southern states. For me it’s the quintessential taste of the long summer school holidays. … Continue reading
This weekend we are celebrating Australia Day. Sunday January 26 marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet in Sydney. Monday is an official public holiday, so we are enjoying another blissful long weekend. Another perfect excuse … Continue reading
Last Saturday, free of my children’s sporting commitments, I spent all morning, (and a good part of the early afternoon) browsing the fabulous Eveleigh Farmer’s Market and surrounding cafes and antique stores. An all time favourite activity that sadly has … Continue reading
There is more interest being generated about the 5-2 diet outside food circles. Last week I had the opportunity to contribute to an article published by Catherine on her health, wellbeing and lifestyle site Fivemore. This week Catherine examined the … Continue reading
It sounds to good to be true. Eat whatever you like, within reason, five days a week. Drastically restrict your calories to just a quarter of your recommended daily intake for the remaining two non consecutive days a week. Feasting … Continue reading
I’m so overwhelmed. This week I celebrated a significant birthday with more than a little help from my friends. Over a long and lively lunch my gorgeous girlfriends presented me with the perfect gift. My very own truffle tree, growing … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. How Apt. Screening in Australia. On My Fast Day. Michael Mosley’s Documentary. Eat, Fast and Live Longer.
For my Australian followers who may be curious about the 5-2 Challenge that I have been blogging about. Michael Mosley’s excellent documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer will be screening on SBS One at 8.30 pm this Monday night, 22nd … Continue reading
This morning our grand father and great grandfather slipped away peacefully in his sleep. A gracious, handsome and always humble gentleman. Closing his eyes on a long and happy 101 year journey. Next week our family will be gathering to … Continue reading
Since October last year there appears to be a groundswell of growing support for the 5-2 eating plan. Perhaps it’s just a case of heightened awareness on my part but over the last couple of weeks,in particular, media coverage seems … Continue reading
I began the task of organising my posts into a recipe index over a month ago. Easy peasy. Or so I thought. After all there were less than one hundred recipes to sort through. All I had to do was … Continue reading