Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Category Archives: Musings & Inspiration
I love crêpes but since Shrove Tuesday last week I feel as if I have flipped and tossed enough galettes and crêpes to last me a life time. Not that my family was complaining. I have since retired my trusty crêpe pan to … Continue reading
Today at the local grocer’s I picked up some beautiful early season figs. As a nod to Valentine’s Day I knew exactly what would be on the menu tonight. One of my all time favourite dishes. Baked figs wrapped in … Continue reading
Here in Australia there is nothing more traditional than a good, old-fashioned ANZAC biscuit. Baked by wives and mothers during World War I, they were packed in food parcels and sent to Australian and New Zealand soldiers in the trenches. The … Continue reading
January 26. Australia Day. Is there anything more quintessentially Australian than to spend the day at the beach? Our local beach? Bondi Beach. Filled with locals and tourists alike enjoying perfect blue skies, sand and surf. For lunch? Home-made sausage … Continue reading
I’m roasting beetroot for one of my favourite summer salads. And yes. These crimson orbs come from my father’s garden. Of course. Roasted to a nutty deliciousness. Combined with peppery rocket, bitter radicchio, sweet honeyed walnuts and unctuous marinated goats cheese. Layer upon layer … Continue reading
Our sojourn in Niseko is drawing to a close. Today we depart Hokkaido for a flying visit to Tokyo. Monday morning we will be back in hot, sweltering Sydney. Talk about extremities in weather conditions. Moving from close to minus 20 C … Continue reading
In honour of my hundredth post I have decided that I am going to ring a happy bell. There are three of these dotted over Niseko resort. It is said that ringing these bells will bring you luck. I certainly … Continue reading
One Way to Work Off Those Christmas – New Year Overindulgences. Climb the Peak. Mount Annupuri, Niseko.
A blue bird day in Niseko. Begins with a gentle ride up the first slope. Pretty isn’t it? Then we catch another two lifts. The Ace Quad Chair and the Hooded Triple to the top of the very picturesque Rinkan run. On a … Continue reading
After two days of snowstorms and limited visibility we had a glorious blue sky day today. Perfect for powder skiing. So we hit the slopes early and skied all over the resort from Hanazono to Annapuri. I have some wonderful … Continue reading
Fun Facts About Hokkaido. Including Three Favourite Regional Specialities. From the Delicious to the Bizarre.
As we say goodbye to 2012 and welcome a New Year I thought it would be fun to have what I can only describe as a trivial look at Hokkaido. Probably not what you would find in a guide-book. Just … Continue reading