Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Beetroot
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Shredded Kale Salad With Grilled Haloumi, Roast Pumpkin And Beetroot Crisps
Sometimes, to be honest perhaps most times, on a 5-2 fast day I crave a substantial plate of food. Something I can look forward to and makes me feel like I am not really fasting at all. On days like … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Raw Power House Super Food Salad.
Spring is in the air and after a winter of cocooning and comfort food we have most definitely resorted to a regime of increased exercise and healthy eating. Not too long ago I posted a recipe for Sweet and Salty … Continue reading
You may recall that last week I muddled my dates and prepared a Rustic Farmhouse Terrine for a Father’s Day lunchtime charcuterie plate a whole week early. The success of that terrine was undisputed. It was enjoyed with great gusto … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. Eating Clean. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Roasted Beetroot and Carrot Salad With Puy Lentils, Rocket And Feta.
My first post for 2014. Proof that I have well and truly been in laid-back holiday mode. Yesterday I even fielded a couple of phone calls and text messages asking if everything was alright as I hadn’t posted for a … Continue reading
Sweet, earthy beetroot. Perfect fast day food. High in fibre and antioxidants. Low in calories and fat with an impressive energy count of only 45 calories per 100 grams. A cooler weather vegetable, beetroot also happens to be in abundant … Continue reading
I’m roasting beetroot for one of my favourite summer salads. And yes. These crimson orbs come from my father’s garden. Of course. Roasted to a nutty deliciousness. Combined with peppery rocket, bitter radicchio, sweet honeyed walnuts and unctuous marinated goats cheese. Layer upon layer … Continue reading