Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Spicy
Celebrating Father’s Day With A New Pantry Staple. Sweet And Spicy Beetroot Relish.
You may recall that last week I muddled my dates and prepared a Rustic Farmhouse Terrine for a Father’s Day lunchtime charcuterie plate a whole week early. The success of that terrine was undisputed. It was enjoyed with great gusto … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Vegetables, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Beetroot, Chilli, Ginger, Gluten free, Pantry staple, Relish, Spicy, Vinegar Comments Off on Celebrating Father’s Day With A New Pantry Staple. Sweet And Spicy Beetroot Relish.
Dude Food. Slow Roasted Pulled Pork Sliders With Asian Slaw.
I think I may have just found a new way to gain favour and influence over my teenage son. As anyone with an adolescent boy in their house will tell you they seem to be perpetually hungry and always on … Continue reading
Posted in Pork, Small Bites, What I Love to Cook Tagged Asian, Autumn, Coleslaw, Dude Food, Pork, Pulled Pork, Sliders, Spicy 12 Comments
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Diet Meal Idea Under 400 Calories. Spicy Thai Coconut Soup with Snapper, Prawns and Rice Noodles.
Today’s Fish on Friday post has accidentally and unintentionally morphed into a 5-2 recipe post. Gathering fresh seafood, herbs and spices for a Spicy Thai Coconut Soup it occurred to me that the majority of ingredients were building blocks for … Continue reading
Fish On Fridays. Spicy Thai Style Fish Cakes. Served With Nam Jim Dipping Sauce And A Cucumber And Bean Sprout Salad
The first Friday of Lent. The perfect excuse to post a fish recipe. Growing up in a Catholic household my mother made sure we always observed the no meat on Friday rule, taking the opportunity to serve up fish for … Continue reading
Posted in Marinades, Pastes and Dressings, Salads, Seafood, What I Love to Cook Tagged Beamsprout, Chilli, Cucumber, Fish Cake, Gluten free, Lime, Nam Jim, Snapper, Spicy, Thai 4 Comments
The Summer Edition. Sunshine And Happiness On A Stick. Sweet And Spicy Mango, Lime And Chilli Paletas.
Mango season is well and truly in full swing over our Christmas and New Year period. Lusciously ripe and abundant we have been buying mangoes by the tray, and storing them on the bottom shelf of the fridge, ready to … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 400 Calories. Spicy Chinese Style Roasted Green Beans With Stir Fried Pork.
Inspired by a glorious platter of Szechuan green beans recently enjoyed at a favourite Chinese restaurant, this meal idea is incredibly tasty and highly addictive. Traditionally the beans are deep fried in hot oil until blistered, then stir fried with … Continue reading
Posted in Pork, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5-2 Diet, 5:2 Diet, Beans, Chinese, Fasting Diet, Healthy, Intermittent Fasting, Pork, Spicy, Stir Fry 6 Comments