Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Fool-Proof. A Light and Airy Fat-Free Chocolate Sponge.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Gluten free
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Poached Egg With Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Soldiers.
For me one of the first signs that Spring has well and truly arrived is the appearance of plump, emerald green spears of sweet and tender new season asparagus. I love nothing better than to swaddle them in salty prosciutto. … Continue reading
There’s a lot of mystery surrounding the perfect panna cotta. A traditional Italian dessert literally translating as “cooked cream” it consists simply of sweetened milk and cream, held together with a little bit of gelatin. The defining hallmark of a … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Charred Watermelon With Chilli, Lime, Mint and Feta.
I can’t quite recall where I first encountered the idea of charred watermelon. It does sound incongruous and strange; the searing of a cool and refreshing summer fruit on a hot barbecue or grill, but it’s a juxtaposition of hot … Continue reading
Anyone who follows my Instagram feed will realise that recently I embarked on the 100 day haiku challenge. Seventeen syllables of poetic creativity a day, structured into three lines; the first containing just five syllables, the second seven, and third … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Idea Under 200 Calories. Creamy Dairy Free Cauliflower and Leek Mash.
Sometimes a successful fast day is all about an interesting side to accompany a little lean grilled chicken, red meat or fish. In summer the challenge is most definitely easier, with a wide array of interesting salads able to be … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories.Warm Fennel Salad With Lemon, Parmesan and Herbs.
I’ve always loved fennel; crisp, crunchy and raw it’s always a welcome addition to my salads and slaws. In season, I love to slice my bulbs as thinly as I can on my mandolin, toss them with peppery baby rocket … Continue reading
It’s the tail end of winter, only a few more weeks to go and we’ll be transitioning into spring. A season of fresh new produce – asparagus, broad beans, peas, baby leeks, rhubarb and sweet strawberries. For the moment we’re … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Apple, Fennel And Celery Slaw With A Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette.
In the winter months when I’m craving salad I make slaw. Usually with red and white cabbages, always in plentiful supply in the cooler weather, and whatever other fresh produce is available at the markets. Usually carrots, celery, fennel, beetroot, … Continue reading
Sometimes all I need to tide me over on a 5-2 fast day is one simple but delicious element. Something like this gorgeously light and tangy whipped feta. Smeared on a plate it’s a gorgeous accompaniment to a roasted root … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Warm Winter Roasted Root Vegetable Salad With ‘Greens’ Pesto
If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again, the key to eating happily and well on a 5-2 fast day is to eat seasonally, loading up your plate with as much bright and vibrant, bursting with flavour produce as … Continue reading