Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Carrot
It’s the tail end of winter, only a few more weeks to go and we’ll be transitioning into spring. A season of fresh new produce – asparagus, broad beans, peas, baby leeks, rhubarb and sweet strawberries. For the moment we’re … Continue reading
It’s been way too hot and humid to contemplate turning on the oven and baking for quite some time now. Today I’ve only relented as my girls have an upcoming hike for their Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme. I feel … Continue reading
Mention Vietnamese street food and I immediately think of pork banh mi. The ultimate sandwich. A freshly baked crusty baguette roll filled to bursting with roast pork and pate and generous handfuls of carefully chosen accompaniments; pickled carrot, cucumber ribbons, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Oven Baked Sweet Potato And Carrot Rosti.
A new week, another fast day recipe idea. Inspired, yet again, by my favourite new kitchen gadget, a mint green handheld spiraliser. This time around sweet potato and carrot simply and easily transformed into long thin strands in mere moments. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Raw Power House Super Food Salad.
Spring is in the air and after a winter of cocooning and comfort food we have most definitely resorted to a regime of increased exercise and healthy eating. Not too long ago I posted a recipe for Sweet and Salty … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Japanese Hand Rolls “Temaki Zushi”
We adore sushi in our house. It’s fresh, healthy and quite easy to prepare. Previously I have shied away from the idea of making sushi for a fast day meal, chastened by the thought of the massive 540 calorie count … Continue reading
What a difference a week makes. The temperatures have well and truly dropped with a forecast week of unrelenting rain. Just in time for the Long Weekend. No matter we will be gathering around our dining table to tuck into … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. Eating Clean. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Roasted Beetroot and Carrot Salad With Puy Lentils, Rocket And Feta.
My first post for 2014. Proof that I have well and truly been in laid-back holiday mode. Yesterday I even fielded a couple of phone calls and text messages asking if everything was alright as I hadn’t posted for a … Continue reading
Resurrecting the classic carrot cake. Super moist. Super delicious. There are so many variations of this old fashioned treat. With or without nuts, raisins and even pineapple. The one constant being plenty of sweet, grated carrot. It’s the type of … Continue reading
Something substantial to serve with drinks. From the Vietnamese Imperial Court. Spring Rolls with pork, prawn and crab no less. Fit for an emperor. Crisp, crunchy and delicious. And so easy to prepare. All the work is in the preparation … Continue reading