Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Harissa
What a difference a week makes. The temperatures have well and truly dropped with a forecast week of unrelenting rain. Just in time for the Long Weekend. No matter we will be gathering around our dining table to tuck into … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea under 400 Calories. Barbecued Harissa Prawns With An Israeli Couscous Salad.
The warmer weather provides the perfect excuse to light up the barbecue and eat dinner al fresco outside on the deck. Barbecued prawns and salad make an ideal fast day meal. Low in calories, very quick and easy to prepare. … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cauliflower Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Sweet Potato.
For quite some time I have been reading about cauliflower rice. Finely grated cauliflower, steamed and served as a healthy, low calorie, low carbohydrate alternative to regular rice. Whilst I have never tried cauliflower “rice” it started me thinking. I’ve always … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Something Warming. Oven Roasted Capsicums With A Spicy Cherry Tomato, Chickpea And Couscous Stuffing.
Today was unrelentlessly cold, wet and rainy. The perfect excuse for a skim milk cappuccino to brighten an otherwise dreary day. I know I have supposedly sworn off cappuccinos on fast days but this cup was planned for and incorporated … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Hearty One Pot Dish. Chicken Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Green Beans.
Another Monday. Another fast day. Made that little bit more interesting with school holidays and a full house. I wanted to do something with couscous for dinner tonight. Couscous is filling, hearty and very, very good for you. Whenever I … Continue reading