Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: BBQ
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Charred Watermelon With Chilli, Lime, Mint and Feta.
I can’t quite recall where I first encountered the idea of charred watermelon. It does sound incongruous and strange; the searing of a cool and refreshing summer fruit on a hot barbecue or grill, but it’s a juxtaposition of hot … Continue reading
Summertime and the livin’ is easy. Never more so than at dinner time when we fire up the barbecue and dine al fresco on the back deck. My idea of holiday cooking is to marinade chicken, beef, lamb, seafood or … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago we were lucky enough to enjoy some modern Greek street food. Needless to say we were blown away by the quality of the home made pita bread wrapped around our souvlaki. Soft, fluffy and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea under 400 Calories. Barbecued Harissa Prawns With An Israeli Couscous Salad.
The warmer weather provides the perfect excuse to light up the barbecue and eat dinner al fresco outside on the deck. Barbecued prawns and salad make an ideal fast day meal. Low in calories, very quick and easy to prepare. … Continue reading
Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
It’s Spring, and the weather has been unseasonably warm. The perfect excuse to fire up the barbecue. My family has a penchant for anything marinated, skewered and grilled. No doubt a consequence of many a visit to the Japanese izakaya … Continue reading
One of the highlights of any trip to Japan must be a visit to a traditional izakaya. Not quite bar, not quite restaurant. Izakaya are warm, cosy, happy places. The perfect venue to catch up with friends for a beer, … Continue reading
In my mind a summer BBQ is synonymous with easy and relaxed entertaining. I can’t think of an easier way to feed a crowd than grilled chicken skewers. The secret to a tender, juicy, succulent chicken skewer? Use thigh fillets … Continue reading
Firing up the barbie. I can’t think of anything more quintessentially Australian. A great, laid back Aussie summer tradition. I love a good steak on the barbie. Thick. Juicy. Tender. Perfectly charred. The easiest way to achieve this? The Tuscan … Continue reading
Australia Day is fast approaching. This Saturday. January 26th. I can’t think of anything more Australian than a burger cooked on the BBQ. The classic Aussie burger always includes a slice of beetroot. This weekend I was back in Canberra. … Continue reading
Christmas gifts. They say it’s the thought that counts. A well-chosen gift speaks volumes. Here is an accidental gift. Quirky and inexpensive. A definite conversation piece. At home with my parents we decided to make pizza for lunch. My parents … Continue reading