Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Recipe
Toffee making and I have had a long and chequered history. I have the scars to prove it. Over the years I have experimented with all sorts of permutations in my quest to achieve toffee nirvana. Recently I discovered … Continue reading
With just two weeks to go, the countdown to December 25th is well and truly under way. Christmas is all about generosity of spirit and celebrating with family and friends. In our house it is also a very food-centric time … Continue reading
I’ve eaten many cinnamon scrolls in my time but have never attempted to bake them myself. Until yesterday. Inspired by Lindy from A Taste of Wintergreen’s wonderful post Love On A Platter. They say a picture paints a thousand words, … Continue reading
Sunday night dinner at home. A delicious and deeply satisfying slow baked potato gratin served with a side salad. A firm family favourite. Lush and creamy on the inside with a burnished golden crust. Best of all, after just a … Continue reading
Rearranging my kitchen pantry I counted no less than a dozen cans of tinned tomatoes. An impressive stockpile borne out of the habit of throwing three or four tins into the shopping trolley during the winter months. An indispensable pantry … Continue reading
There is more interest being generated about the 5-2 diet outside food circles. Last week I had the opportunity to contribute to an article published by Catherine on her health, wellbeing and lifestyle site Fivemore. This week Catherine examined the … Continue reading
I’ve always been partial to a well made frangipane tart. A crisp and light pastry shell bursting with almond frangipane cream and seasonal fruit. The markets are awash with rhubarb, its natural tartness a perfect foil for the delicate sweetness of the … Continue reading
It sounds to good to be true. Eat whatever you like, within reason, five days a week. Drastically restrict your calories to just a quarter of your recommended daily intake for the remaining two non consecutive days a week. Feasting … Continue reading
Smoky And Intense. A Middle Eastern Salad. Jerusalem’s Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds.
Another offering from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s gorgeous ode to Middle Eastern fare, Jerusalem. This time it’s a smoky and intense Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds. Redolent of the flavours of one of my favourite dips … Continue reading
Here is the fourth instalment of my 5-2 diet recipe ideas by calorie count category. Each image in the picture gallery represents a recipe that carries an energy count between 300 and 400 calories per serve. Given the only meal I … Continue reading