Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Nigella's Sweet and Salty Crunch Nut Bars with Homemade Honeycomb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cinnamon
There’s a definite sense of comforting nostalgia associated with delving deep into my bottom kitchen drawer to retrieve a long forgotten favourite recipe. A trip down memory lane, resurrecting recipes for good old fashioned treats. The sort our nannas might have … Continue reading
I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. The last thing I wanted to do on a cold, dreary, drizzly winter’s day was leave the cosy confines of our home to make a regular Sunday morning pilgrimage to the bakery. … Continue reading
For a fleeting moment I was tempted to title this post ‘More Weekend Dude Food’, this recipe for Chinese Style Braised Beef Ribs torn from last Saturday’s Sydney Morning Herald by my very own resident dude. With my son home … Continue reading
I’ve eaten many cinnamon scrolls in my time but have never attempted to bake them myself. Until yesterday. Inspired by Lindy from A Taste of Wintergreen’s wonderful post Love On A Platter. They say a picture paints a thousand words, … Continue reading
Tuesday night in our house is all about using up the contents of the fridge before our weekly grocery shop. This week’s inventory included half a packet of wonton wrappers left over from our weekend ricotta ravioli fix. Perfect for … Continue reading
I have an almost empty jar of my mother’s home-made plum jam in the refrigerator. Word associations. Plum jam. Jam tart. Hazelnuts and jam. Linzertorte. A delicious tart made with a crumbly crust of flour, butter, egg yolks, and ground hazelnuts. … Continue reading
Like Curious George my interest has been piqued. By Monkey Bread. As far as I can gather it’s a sweet, sticky, gooey breakfast pastry popular in the USA. Sometimes also affectionately referred to as puzzle bread, golden crown, pinch-me cake, bubble loaf and monkey brains. Well loved … Continue reading
Feeling a little fragile this morning. After a full day of festive feasting. We had a wet, dreary, rainy Christmas Day but hardly noticed. Our theme courtesy of the gorgeous Cate. White and bright. Joyous and uplifting. Today we woke … Continue reading
I think of Slow Roasted Beef Ribs and two words spring to mind. Rich and unctuous. This is a gorgeous dish. Meltingly rich, flavoursome beef perfumed with orange, cinnamon and star anise. And so easy to prepare. Sear the ribs … Continue reading
One of my daughters swims. Five mornings a week. I am very fortunate that my husband is an early riser and invariably will drop her off at the pool at 5.30 or 6 am! My end of the bargain is … Continue reading