Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Oats
Saturday marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. A bloody eight month campaign which commenced on April 25, 1915 with the landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. Through … Continue reading
With the long summer holidays over and everyone back at school today, serious 5-2 fasting is back on the agenda. Starting next week. Two days – Mondays and Thursdays. Fortunately we’re drifting into late summer, so with the markets full … Continue reading
We’ve been caught off guard by the changing of the seasons as we segue from Winter into Spring. A welcome stretch of soaring temperatures sees me booking a much needed pedicure and reaching for a summer wardrobe of strappy sandals … Continue reading
By the time you read this we will have returned from the 4.30 am Dawn Service at the Centopath in Martin Place, Sydney, and dropped in for a fortifying espresso at the Coluzzi Bar in Darlinghurst before heading home for a … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
Oats are a staple pantry item in our house. With a daughter who swims most mornings they are the perfect, portable breakfast solution. Served in one of two ways. Depending on the season. A thermos of steaming hot porridge. A … Continue reading
Today Australia and New Zealand celebrates ANZAC Day. A national day of remembrance. Honouring the bravery of all the men and women who have served their country through war. Recognising how their selfless sacrifices allow us to enjoy the lives … Continue reading
Here in Australia there is nothing more traditional than a good, old-fashioned ANZAC biscuit. Baked by wives and mothers during World War I, they were packed in food parcels and sent to Australian and New Zealand soldiers in the trenches. The … Continue reading
One of my daughters swims. Five mornings a week. I am very fortunate that my husband is an early riser and invariably will drop her off at the pool at 5.30 or 6 am! My end of the bargain is … Continue reading