Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Melt in your Mouth. Pillows of Air. Home-Made Potato Gnocchi With Bolognese.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Rhubarb
We’ve been caught off guard by the changing of the seasons as we segue from Winter into Spring. A welcome stretch of soaring temperatures sees me booking a much needed pedicure and reaching for a summer wardrobe of strappy sandals … Continue reading
These stylish little tea cakes are inspired by Ottolenghi The Cookbook. Craving something sweet with mini bundt trays at the ready, I retrieved my well-thumbed copy from the bookshelf, flipped it open and yet again realised I didn’t quite have … Continue reading
We are fortunate to live in a temperate climate. At the Growers Markets last weekend, despite being in the midst of winter, I was lucky enough to pick up bunches of ruby red rhubarb and punnets of sweetly scented strawberries. Just … Continue reading
I’ve always been partial to a well made frangipane tart. A crisp and light pastry shell bursting with almond frangipane cream and seasonal fruit. The markets are awash with rhubarb, its natural tartness a perfect foil for the delicate sweetness of the … Continue reading
Rhubarb and strawberry. One of my favourite flavour combinations. In season right now. I’ve been making huge pots of strawberry and rhubarb compote. I could eat it by the spoonful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. It’s a while … Continue reading
From My Kitchen Pantry. Mini Italian Fried Doughnuts. Zeppole With A Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote.
What to do with half a bunch of rhubarb and a punnet of strawberries languishing in my refrigerator? A super quick and simple compote. To be spooned over yoghurt or oats for breakfast. At least that was the plan until … Continue reading
It’s official. Sixteen consecutive days of rain. One week of school holidays down. Two more to go. It’s been the wettest June I can remember, hopefully July will be better. I guess we will find out tomorrow. The Bureau of … Continue reading
The Not So Humble Crumble. Deeply Satisfying. Apple and Rhubarb Crumble With Hazelnuts and a Hint of Ginger.
One of the benefits of the cooler weather is fruit crumble. Deeply satisfying. The ultimate comfort food. In our house we make crumble with almost any combination of apples, stone fruit or berries. More often than not we follow the … Continue reading
Is there anything more wonderful than rhubarb? Bright and brilliant rosy red. Tart and sweet. The glossier and crisper the stalks, the more intense the colour and the sweeter the fruit. When in season I buy bunches by the armful … Continue reading
I was lucky enough to be introduced to this gorgeous flourless chocolate cake many years ago by my neighbour, Amber. She whipped up ten of these for her brother’s wedding! We were the grateful recipients of some leftovers. At the time … Continue reading