Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Slow Food. Neil Perry's Chinese-Style Braised Beef Ribs.
- Eat, Fast And Live Longer. 5-2 Diet Recipe Ideas Under 200 Calories.
- The Taste Of Spring. Simply Delightful. Jerusalem's Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon.
- Sweet And Simple. Oven Dried Strawberries.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
Tag Archives: Cake
Bienenstich means bee sting in German. I was first introduced to this glorious honey almond caramel crusted, crème pâtissière filled confection at a Danish birthday party, many, many years ago. Freshly baked, its soft cake-y brioche like layers sublime, so … Continue reading
Before I delve any further into this post, there is an important disclaimer I need to make. Fat free refers to the contents of my chocolate sponge, most definitely not the filling. Knowing there is no butter in the sponge … Continue reading
Much to my family’s delight I’ve been banishing the winter blues with a renewed interest in baking. As always school holidays mean a full house and quickly depleting fridge and pantry courtesy of a contingent of constantly ravenous teenagers on … Continue reading
There’s a definite sense of comforting nostalgia associated with delving deep into my bottom kitchen drawer to retrieve a long forgotten favourite recipe. A trip down memory lane, resurrecting recipes for good old fashioned treats. The sort our nannas might have … Continue reading
Everyone has a favourite chocolate cake. At our house it’s a moist, decadently rich and chocolate-y ‘volcano’ cake. A melt and mix recipe with an unusual twist. So named to reflect the alchemy created when bicarbonate of soda added to … Continue reading
Rummaging through the pantry cupboard, I chanced upon my pretty scallop edged madeleine trays. Relics of a long forgotten past. It must be ten years since I used them last. I well remember the thrill of the hunt for those … Continue reading
As always in our house Autumn brings cooler weather and a spate of baking as I give in to a seemingly never ending demand for cake. As long as there is no request for fancy decoration I’m always happy to … Continue reading
One of the things I love most about school holidays is the welcome change of pace from a frenetic, breakneck speed to an almost leisurely meandering. Time to stop and smell the roses. Throw routine out the window and indulge … Continue reading
It always amazes me at how many deliciously different ways there are to combine four of my most loved pantry staples; butter, eggs, sugar and chocolate. This flourless Bon Vivant adds hazelnut meal to create a torte that transcends all … Continue reading
This post is for my dear friend Jane. Who recently reminded me of the joys of sacher torte, a rich and decadent chocolate cake invented in Vienna in 1832 by a young apprentice chef Franz Sacher for Prince Metternich. Jane … Continue reading