Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Cake
It’s been way too hot and humid to contemplate turning on the oven and baking for quite some time now. Today I’ve only relented as my girls have an upcoming hike for their Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme. I feel … Continue reading
I’m so delighted that rustic, slightly messy looking cakes are right on trend at the moment. A throw back to the pared back naked cake fad which foregoes fancy cake decoration and celebrates the delicious textures and flavours of a … Continue reading
I’ve been reading Jessie Burton’s fascinating novel The Miniaturist, and by no small coincidence seem to have subconsciously reverted to baking all manner of cakes, brownies and slices in my newly acquired mini loaf trays. I’m now the proud owner … Continue reading
I do most of my baking in the cooler months, when it’s not too hot to turn on the oven, and cocooned against the elements we’re craving comfort food. Particularly on wet, dreary days when there’s nothing more inviting than … Continue reading
These stylish little tea cakes are inspired by Ottolenghi The Cookbook. Craving something sweet with mini bundt trays at the ready, I retrieved my well-thumbed copy from the bookshelf, flipped it open and yet again realised I didn’t quite have … Continue reading
With a veritable mountain of creme patissiere beckoning from the refrigerator I decided to resurrect my tried and true choux puff pastry recipe. And so it was I spent a pleasant afternoon playing around with pastry in the kitchen. The … Continue reading
Rummaging through my cupboards this morning searching for muffin tins I came across my mini bundt tray. It’s been quite a while since they’ve seen the light of day, probably not since last winter when I used them to bake Little … Continue reading
Last week’s Magic Vanilla Custard Squares proved so popular they were in demand all week long. I think we went through something like three batches. Perfect for sharing which goes to show that old fashioned recipes are definitely the … Continue reading
Eggs, butter, milk, sugar, flour and vanilla. Six staple ingredients that can be found in almost any kitchen pantry. I’m always amazed at the many different ways these basic elements can be combined to produce a wide variety of delicious … Continue reading
I’ve always maintained that the secret behind a great cake is a great recipe. Last week over coffee at an Italian cafe I shared a divine slice of lemon polenta cake for afternoon tea. Luxuriously moist and laden with ricotta, … Continue reading