Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Pecan
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Apple, Fennel And Celery Slaw With A Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette.
In the winter months when I’m craving salad I make slaw. Usually with red and white cabbages, always in plentiful supply in the cooler weather, and whatever other fresh produce is available at the markets. Usually carrots, celery, fennel, beetroot, … Continue reading
Posted in Salad, Vegetarian, What I Love to Cook Tagged 5:2 Diet, Apple, Celery, Clean Eating, Coleslaw, Fast Diet, Fennel, Gluten free, Healthy, Pecan, Salad, Slaw, Vinaigrette 1 Comment
Banishing The Winter Blues. Sticky Date Bundt Cake With A Salted Burnt Butter Caramel Glaze.
Much to my family’s delight I’ve been banishing the winter blues with a renewed interest in baking. As always school holidays mean a full house and quickly depleting fridge and pantry courtesy of a contingent of constantly ravenous teenagers on … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, What I Love to Cook Tagged Afternoon Tea, Apple, Baking, Cake, Date, Pecan, Salted Caramel, Sticky Date, Winter 4 Comments
Happy Hiking. Little Carrot Muffin Loaves With A Streusel Topping.
It’s been way too hot and humid to contemplate turning on the oven and baking for quite some time now. Today I’ve only relented as my girls have an upcoming hike for their Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme. I feel … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Baking, Cake, Carrot, Carrot Cake, Eggs, Food, Golden Syrup, Mixed Spice, Muffins, Olive Oil, Pecan, Streusel 4 Comments
Baking At Carisbrook. From Ottolenghi’s Jerusalem. Chocolate Krantz Cake.
Spring time in Mount Wilson is magnificent. Perched high in the Blue mountains this tiny village hamlet is famous for it’s cool climate gardens. This weekend we were lucky enough to be invited by our good friends to join them … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Chocolate, What I Love to Cook Tagged Babka, Baking, Cake, Chocolate, Cookbooks, Food, Jerusalem, Krantz, Ottolenghi, Pecan, Yeast 11 Comments
Any Fool Can Cook. Modern Fruit Mince Tarts.
My husband loves fruit mince tarts. When we were first married I always used to buy them for him from the Queen St Deli. Hand-made by a little old lady at Christmas time. Then one day I found this recipe … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Apple, Baking, Christmas, Food, Fruit Mince, Lemon, Mixed Spice, Pastry, Pecan 4 Comments
Emptying the Fruit Bowl. Banana Bread with Choc Chunks and a Pecan Streusel Topping
What to do with bananas fast approaching their use by date? I glanced at the fruit bowl this morning and the bananas were looking decidedly ripe. There were no takers for smoothies, and we had a freezer stocked with banana … Continue reading
Posted in Baked, Breakfast, Sweet Treats, What I Love to Cook Tagged Banana, Cake, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Pecan, Vanilla Comments Off on Emptying the Fruit Bowl. Banana Bread with Choc Chunks and a Pecan Streusel Topping